Restocking Tips and Hints?

everymist

Okay! Still fairly new to TDN, but I'm currently working on amassing money (no real reason yet, just amassing money). I've figured that restocking would be one of the best ways to do this actively (without playing games) while having habitarium open.

So, my next major question is this: Where do I even begin?
I'm looking for a shop that doesn't make a crazy amount of money but restocking the items can put me in a 300np-2,000np profit range and something that won't be uberly competitive (IE: Magic shop). Is there a shop that is 'easier' to restock than others? What about the hardest? I've only heard so far that the magic shop is pretty hard.

Thanks!

Igloo garage sale can be a good place to start. Or even the secondhand shoppe (thrift shop), just to get practice quickly scanning items and picking good ones. For IGS, I started off buying an item I presumed was profitable (often books are a decent bet), and then going back and SW'ing the other items to see what I should have grabbed (and what I could be glad I didn't grab).

The Magic Shop is indeed very competitive- and no wonder, with it carrying morphing potions that can be sold for millions! The Stamp shop is the other really big one. Weapon and defense shops can get pretty busy, since lots of the rarer weapons sell for A LOT, but if you learn the stock well, you might be able to sneak in and get some that will give you less of a profit.

As said, the Igloo Garage Sale is a really good place to start. Most of the items in there will let you turn a profit (there are still some that you'll find yourself cursing for buying, but not as many as in normal stores). Books and the Pharmacy are pretty good places to start as well. The Pharmacy might be easier, just because it has less stock, so it'll be easier for you to learn which ones are profitable, and which ones aren't.

Most of all, be patient. You won't be the best restocker over night. You will mess up, and buy something at a loss. You will mishaggle and lose out on an item. These are normal things that every restocker does- it's okay. Just keep going. If you find yourself getting frustrated, take a break. Just come back to it another time.

:) Good luck!

Thanks for the tips everyone! After a long day of college usually I can sit down and unwind. Hopefully restocking will become a part of that because right now it seems pretty stressful. I started on the Igloo Shop yesterday and turned a profit of around 50k which was really impressive to me. After I feel a little more comfortable, I think I'll go into the pharmacy to start with. :)

Thanks for the tips everyone! After a long day of college usually I can sit down and unwind. Hopefully restocking will become a part of that because right now it seems pretty stressful. I started on the Igloo Shop yesterday and turned a profit of around 50k which was really impressive to me. After I feel a little more comfortable, I think I'll go into the pharmacy to start with. :)

That's fantastic! What a nice start. :D

After typing this up yesterday, I thought I would go and try restocking at the Garage Sale- and the very first item I buy is worth only 1 NP. XD Just my luck! Luckily the next couple things I bought made up for it.

But as I said, it will happen. C'est la vie!