Neoquest II Insane Mode differences

siniri

Most NQ2 guides focus on beginners. I just finished evil and am ready to start insane. I know I must not die (or game over), that I get less XP and less gold off baddies that have more HP, and that everything costs more. Are there any other differences?

I noticed that Rohane doesn't seem to be auto-healing by walking around the outside of his village. If there's no auto-healing, that's going to make it much harder! It's kind of important to know, because that was one of my main strategies to avoid using up all my healing potions on Evil Mode (I would play on normal mode, and just take the super-long way (i.e., walking on every single square possible as I wandered in the right direction) when leveling up. So... am I right? Is auto-healing gone? Or will it start later?

Auto-heal is always based on how many max hp you have. You don't heal at the beginning of beginner, either.

Main differences:

Opponents have more hp, so they are harder to beat. They might also do more damage; I don't remember.

You can't die or you have to start the whole game over.