Is it worth the time and trouble? (Neopian Times)

TotallyPommy

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is random, but I'm not sure where to this particular topic goes . . . so I figured since it was a question/advice thing it should go here. Anyway, I have been wanting to write a story (okay, several stories as I have so many in my head), but am worried that if I send one in I won't get a response as to whether it was accepted or not like my poem. Do you know if you get a response from TNT about whether or not your story is going to be published or not? I've just often wondered is all. Thank you and have a great day!

~Byrdie

Yes, you do get a neomail from TNT when you've submitted a story. As far as I'm aware you'll get one of three, the gist being: "Sorry, we don't think this is what we want to put into the NT", "Congratulations, your story will appear in an upcoming issue" or "your story is being held for a future issue".

In the first case it's usually either because the spelling/grammar needs work or the topic isn't ok - e.g. they won't usually publish stories with Neopets going to Earth, or stories with romantic plots.

Good luck with your entry!

In the first case it's usually either because the spelling/grammar needs work or the topic isn't ok - e.g. they won't usually publish stories with Neopets going to Earth, or stories with romantic plots.

Shoot...if that's true, I should really submit more stuff to the NT! I submitted some comics way back in the day that didn't get accepted, although I found out that they were just sliiightly too large. Since then, I've submitted one short story that made it in, and a few days ago, I submitted an article. Haven't heard anything yet, but it's only been a few days.

Awesome~ Thanks so much you guys!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.