Gallery item search

Mozzy

I have a beach-themed gallery. When I was making my wishlist, I used JN's item database, which lets you search by category/shop (though the designated categories aren't necessarily the ones you'd want). For some things (e.g., tropical fruits, or seashells, or island petpets), I just searched that whole category and listed what I didn't already have. To find additional things, I searched (across all categories) for words that fit my theme, such as ocean, swim, beach, island, tropic, sand, etc. The search was actually half the fun of building the gallery!

It could be a bit harder to search that way since your theme is "French." Perhaps think in terms of categories you might have, and then search within those categories. Or build your list one category at a time, and do look through all the pictures in that category. For example, if you decided you wanted a café category, you could search through all the coffees and pick the ones that are French. I'm not sure if you're looking for items with French names. If so, you could search for parts of words that are common in French but not so common in English. (Note that JN's default "part" search will find anything with those letters in that order, so "sand" would show all sandwiches. You could search for things like "ette", which of course gives you all the omelettes and courgettes, some unrelated items, as well as flotsam artist palette, various baguettes, marionettes, gazettes, etc.) Or just make a list of items you'd like to have, and search by various names they might be called (keep the searches as small as possible; e.g., in case TNT accidentally misnamed one, it would be better to search for "omelet" rather than "omelette"). And ask for help; others might have seen an item that fits your theme and can suggest it to you.

Good luck with your gallery building!

What sort of categories are you looking to search through? jellyneo's database has the option to use broad categories like 'food' or 'books', and more specific things like 'giant omelette' or 'underwater fishing', but I think that's as close as you'll get to categories.

Thanks for the help! I'm looking for pretty broad categories as I'm not sure TNT will have that are French - I'm looking for items that are French in nature e.g. croissant, baguette etc. I'll try using the search function too.

Another thing I tried was to search for items that fit my theme on the SW searching galleries, not shops (choose some of the more expensive items, so you only find "serious" galleries vs. collections of junk -- "fresh baguette" revealed tons of galleries, but with no discernible theme for most). I just tried both of these, using "contains baguette" and "contains croissant." The closest I found to your theme was "La Patisserie," which is actually not all that close. But I suspect most of the French items on Neopets will be food, so maybe it will help? And I'm sure if you dig deeper, you might find one. You could also do a Neopets site search via Google, looking for gallery spotlight winners with the theme name (I made a half-hearted attempt and found nothing, but you might if you looked harder).

Si tu parles français, tu peut aller aux Neoboards Français et y demander si il y a quelqu'un a des recommandations. (You could ask on the French Neoboards, since someone there might have a list.)

I wonder if you could somehow change the language just for the names of the items in your gallery, so that no matter what you put in there, it will have its French name (overriding the default language of whoever's viewing, but again, only for the item names)? Then you could just collect what you like, and it'll all be French!

Thanks for the link to the gallery!

Oui, je parle français ; c'est une bonne idée ça, merci ! Tu as sans doute raison que la majorité d'objectes soit de la nourriture, mais je vais quand même regarder.

I wonder if they would feature a French gallery in the spotlight, since I would quite like to get the trophy...

I wonder if they would feature a French gallery in the spotlight, since I would quite like to get the trophy...

When I was first trying for the gallery spotlight I wanted to check out what had come before me to get a better idea if my gallery stood a chance, and there is a list here that makes looking at gallery themes and quality pretty easy:

http://www.neopets.com/~snickerdoodles827

You can search the page to find out if your idea has been done yet (French hasn't!) and maybe poke around to get inspiration on what to collect.