Habitarium Resources

siouxdax

Hello all (it's me again):

I've found that my little critters in my Habitarium (which I love), have not been collecting any wood, despite there being two trees. Do I just not have the right worker? They seem to die off every so often, leaving a jewel, but I always have 7 out of 13 capacity population.

I have a couple of eggs, but can't build a nest without that wood!

Any suggestions?

You have workers, nesters and soldiers, you can check which ones you have by clicking on them. Soldiers cannot collect any resources, nesters a bit (but are much better for breeding) and workers are the best for collecting.

If you are sure you have workers, then check if the trees are diseased, if they are diseased you have to either wait for a few hours or have a friend help you.

If even that is not the case, maybe you reached your limit of how many resources you can get, try upgrading your storages (and/or buy new ones).

Also you can just hatch the eggs, you don't need nests for hatching eggs only for making them.

You can assign your workers* to collect the wood by dragging them and placing them in a square adjacent to the wood (preferably a square that's not touching any other resource, or any buildings that need repair). Sorry if this is stating something you already know, but it wasn't clear from your post if you'd already tried this, and it's the best way to make sure you're getting the resource you need.

*Until you get a nest, you may as well make your nesters harvest wood too, so at least they're being productive while they wait.

As said above, only Nesters and Workers can collect resources. Clicking on a P3 will show you their stats in the circle near the bottom-middle. On top of the bars it will say what kind of P3 they are.

Make sure you're not maxed out on wood (which doesn't seem the case if it doesn't let you build the nest due to not having enough wood).

And make sure the trees are not damaged. Pests can attack resources making them damaged and your P3s can't collect from these. Also, if you've collected all day from the same resource, it may dry up.

It takes 3 hours for a resource to recover (from use or damage) or you can get a friend to repair your resources for you.

There are some great guides on the habitarium board on the neopets forums. They will show you strategies to block in your resources with p3s to keep your p3s safe and your resources safe as well!