Trading Post/Trading Question(s)

D305

Hi there, I'm fairly new and I'm trying to figure out how people trade items that are over the 800k limit.

When I purchased the lab ray map pieces set, we just split the trade in 2 pieces because it was multiple items.

I'm trying to sell a single item, but it's worth more than 800k. I really just want pure and no items, but not sure what the procedure is here..

Do you get people to neomail you offers and set up an auction? A friend only auction and have them bid on it at the price that was decided?

Is there an easier way of trading?

Any help/tips is/are appreciated!

Easier way of trading - no. You're stuck with the 800k limit of the Trading Post. And you've got it right, you just wait for NeoMails and set up a private (NF-only) auction to the person you're selling to. That's really the only way to work around it if you really only want pure NP :)

Some people do NP + Baby PBs because that's the easiest way to divide up the NP you can no longer add to the 800k, but that'll take more time for you to get the pure amount you'd like, so auctions is your best bet.

Okay thanks for the help!

And another question.. Would it be better to drop items in the trading post and look for buyers for these higher items? Or should I be just dropping it in the auctions from the start?

I generally opt to use the Trading Post to advertise the items and just wait for NeoMails on offers, instead of immediately going for the auctions, since some items vary in prices, and whoever's looking to buy might want to haggle first before they purchase something.

I tend to do both. I start with the Auction House for 1-hour long auctions and if it doesn't sell by the time I log off I put it in on the TP. I think it depends if you're looking to get the best price/haggle someone up (TP) or just sell it (auction).

You can also try advertising on the Trading Chat and see if you finding someone interested in buying it.