Gallery Suggestions

Koralis

I want to start working on my gallery again. I previously put it on the back-burner because I didn't want to spend so much on upgrading for only 5 more items each time, since I picked a very broad category. That hasn't explodes, I'm currently at size 100 and don't want to waste any more NP on upgrading. Instead I want to be more specific about what I collect.

Currently I am collecting neo-pet shaped foods and I still really like the idea so I think I should just narrow it down to either a certain type of food or maybe only one neo-pet...

If you are interested, here's my gallery currently:

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=bumblebee_o3

My most favourite items fit into either a cake/cupcakes or sandwiches category so that's what I'm leaning towards most right now. I'd just like to hear some other opinions that maybe haven't crossed my mind, or if you like either of those two ideas. I'm just horribly indecisive!

I'd appreciate if anyone has any input :)

Neo-shaped sandwiches sounds cool! However, I wonder whether you'd be able to go with both cakes and sandwiches? Something like lunch and desert or what a little neighbourhood café might serve...

Oh that'd be cool and I could have a cafe as an overarching theme than just a specific neopet-shaped food category. Hmmm, that gives me even more to contemplate...

I have a beach-themed gallery. Yes, it's a very broad theme (and a big gallery), but I like to think the categories I've chosen and the story behind it make it unique. My categories include things like souvenirs, aquatic/island petpets, kites, toiletries, desserts, meals, beverages, snacks, apparel, towels... It's fun finding items that fit the theme in each category (and trying to figure out an appropriate category for each item -- but I've been able to find at least one that fits for each new item for a few years now, so I think I have enough).

I like the idea of having a café theme where you could have several broad categories, and focus on a single Neopet (or maybe a set of related Neopets, depending on how many items you can find). It's unique enough that it would have a good chance at winning the spotlight during that pet's week (if you're good at Neocoding). In addition to lunch and dessert, you could break it down further: beverages/appetizers/side dishes/main dishes/sandwiches/dessert, meat/vegetables/seafood/fruit/dessert, breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert... whatever categories the items naturally seem to fall into, and you could even have café furniture: patio furnishings, tables, chairs, art, etc., if you needed to fill it out with a few more items.

For example, Myncis have a mix of foods (ice creams, sandwiches, snacks, drinks, etc.), a page of baked goods (mostly cakes, but some are breakfast items), some candy, 1 gross food, 1 tropical food, 1 Tyrannian food, but also some cookbooks (mixed in with the other books, of course), possibly relevant furniture and gardening items (okay, there is no Tropical furniture shop, so that didn't work so well... but a Spooky pet café could use Meowclops coffee table and chair, maybe a sheet covered table...).

Just pick a pet that you really like (or really like its foods that you already have), see what kind of items are available for it, and let your imagination decide your categories (and a story to explain why you picked those categories).

P.S. I wish I hadn't looked in your gallery; those blueberry * flotsam cakes are adorable, but it costs me over 12k per additional space in my gallery at this point.