Refreshing for avatars.

serein

Hey guys! I'm rebuilding on this account. I started last week, and I've begun with collecting avatars. I'm at 160 and I'm having the absolute WORST time trying to get a few avatars, which are...

Mutant Graveyard of Doom

Drackonack

Codestones

I've read that you can't hold down F5 yourself OR with an object/someone else/etc., that on some browsers you have to manually tap it, that you can't tap it nonstop without TNT assuming you're an auto-refresher or bot, and that holding down F5 is allowed but only works on some browsers. (I swear I've read in the editorial that holding down F5 is only cheating if it isn't YOU holding it down... I might be wrong though.)

Can someone kindly clear things up for me and perhaps share some tips on how to refresh for these avatars? I'm wondering if Codestones/Drackonack isn't working for me because of the new inventory glitch with avatars, although I know someone who received the Codestones avatar after the inventory change.

Currently the avatars that require you to refresh in your inventory aren't working since the new update. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

As for refreshing as long as you personally are holding down the F5 key with your own finger that's allowed. You just can't put anything on the key to weigh it down and then walk away and check on it later. If you're going to do the holding the F5 key down method, I suggest to refresh for a couple of minutes, take a short break check to see if you received anything and give it another go.

Like the post above said the inventory avatars are glitched, so you won't be able to get the codestone one for sure. Not sure about the drackonack one. But concerning the drackonack, it can take a really long time for it to eat the cheese.

As for the graveyard, I still don't have that one as it doesn't seem to want to pop up for me.

TNT says it's okay to hold down the refresh key for as long as you want as long as it's you holding it down. So no placing objects on the key or having the browser refresh by itself.

What I do is I switch from holding down the key for a short period of time and repeatedly pressing the key. Just make sure not to hold it for minutes at a time and you won't have an issue with being frozen for cheating.

Just got the drackonack avatar. I recommend refreshing for a minute, moving the item order (put them in your SDB, then bring them back in a different order) and repeating. I refreshed for 10 minutes straight and nothing, and when I rearranged it, I didn't even have to refresh once--just going to my inventory gave it to me. I've heard similar stories, so just keep trying to rearrange in the order cheese/drack/vegan cheese or vegan cheese/drack/cheese.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't appear Codestones! is working yet, though we last checked on Sunday. The ALP checked in with a staff member without the avatar to see if he was able to get it yet, and as of Sunday, he still wasn't able to get the avatar.

If this changes and anyone receives the avatar before we update, please send me a message or a comment so I can make the necessary changes to the ALP site.