Please help me (Freezers)

Hello everyone, I just spend 8 million neopoints on the Magical Marbles of Mystery, that together with the Lens Flare I thought would be an evil combo.

Though, as I went to the battledome to test my new freezer, I do use the weapon, it hits for three icons - but how come the enemy is still attacking me that round? Isn't my freezer supposed to freeze so he cant attack? The lens flare works that way, an entire turn where my enemy cannot hit me.

Isn't item freezers supposed to work that way? Am I doing something wrong?

is that true? Since the only opponent I can test against is the 12 hp ones cause of the war, I cannot test that.

But sometimes (happens once out of five) I get to freeze my opponent and he doesnt attack, though most of the time he just attacks right after my freeze

Can anyone else comment on this?

It is like Elbandito said. Lens Flare freezes on the round you use it. Any item freezers like Magical Marbles of Mystery or H4000 Helmet freeze your opponent for the following round. This is the way it's always been. That's why people were so surprised when Lens Flare and other faerie abilities froze your opponent for the round on which it's used. See the clarification on The Battlepedia's Faerie Abilities guide. If it was the norm for freezers to freeze on the round it's used, we wouldn't have emphasized it so much in the article.

You could test it if you want. Use your freezer and a shield, and you will only do 3 icons of damage. If you have a strength boost of 4 or above, though, this probably will finish them off, unless they block your attack. Your best opponent to test it out on is either Grumpy Mummy because of his Enchanted Cobweb or Assistant Scientist, who has two weapons that block physical:Utility Backpack and Grundox 4000. You could also try hoping Rent-A-Brute uses his Trilo Shield, Petty Pilferer uses his Omelette Shield, Amateur Insider uses his Nurias Golden Dagger. (This will depend on your strength boost and the opponent's defense boost, but it might work. You may manage to not finish them off and have a second round.)

That is the way it works. Lens Flare isn't a standard freezer, it is something between a thick smoke bomb and a conventional freezer.

In normal two person battledome, most fights at (upper middle) to (how can people afford those weapons honestly) levels consist of each person using a freezer on the first round, then either using a shield or a weapon to gain an advantage. Second round, both are fraozen. Third round you .,., well, it goes on for awhile sometimes.

It almost always makes sense to use your freezer on the first round.

Now with Lens Flare, I can use a weapon and my MMoM, get a single weapon attack through their defense, and then have the second round to attack a frozen opponent with both weapons and my icicle. At my level that can be over 800 attack points.