battledome advice for upcoming war

honk_honk

Hit Points: 73
Strength: AWESOME (71)
Defence: AWESOME (68)
Movement: EXCELLENT (40)

So I'm kind of in a quandary right now. Given the current war, I want to maximise what I currently have, but I have limited funds of up to 2m. There's 2 things that I want to try to finalise before it truly starts.

1. Try to get to 85 attack boost

2. Getting better weapons

My pet currently has rainbow scroll, scroll of the scholar, parasol of unfortunate demise and magical healing potion(yea I know it's kinda meh) but I do want to try to get some weapons which aren't overly inflated, such as hanso charisma charm and greater healing scroll.

How should I go about handling both issues?

Thanks!

You will only get a 0.5 icon boost. At this point training is too expensive to be worth it. The charm is not that over inflated, but still is somewhat. There are some pretty cheap 9-icon weapons out there, though you already have one. Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy is a "cheap" 14 icon weapon from the hidden Tower, so you can always resell when you are ready to upgrade.

Let's check the math and see!

Option 1. Try to get 85 attack boost

Cost: Assuming your level is half of your highest stat (so level 37), getting to the 85 strength boost would cost you at minimum 14 Five Dubloon Coins and 15 codestones. Assuming codestones are about 10k each (and they probably average out to be less) and Five Dubloon Coins are 4,500 each, this will cost you 213,000 NP.

Damage: With Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons) and Rainbow Scroll (9 icons), you would do damage of 19 icons * 2.5 boost = 47.5 damage.

Option 2. Getting Better Weapons

Pojman is right that your weapons are already pretty good for what you can spend. Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy is a rather economical weapon. You could also get a Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, Altador Cup Throwing Star, or Ylanas Blaster. They are all less powerful than the Bath Buddy, but they were going for closer to 1m before the inflation. Now they are all closer to 1.5m. So let's say you pick the Bath Buddy.

Cost: 2m for a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy.

Damage: With Bath Buddy (14 icons) and Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons), you would do damage of 24 icons * 2 boost = 48 damage.

You only do an extra half point of damage, and you paid a heck of a lot more for it. Even if you only attack with your strongest weapon, with the boost you do 10 icons * 2.5 = 25 damage, and with the Bath Buddy you do 14 icons * 2 = 28 damage. Again, it's more, but you still paid a lot more for 3 damage.

If I were you, I would concentrate on training. Once you get past that boost, you could go for the next boost at 125. I estimate that it would cost you about 1.8m to get to the 125 boost, and then you would do 19 icons * 3 boost = 57 damage. Or, alternatively, if you opted to train to 85 and get a cheaper weapon like Ylanas Blaster, with YBlaster (12.5 icons) and Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons), you do 22.5 icons * 2.5 boost = 56.25 damage, and it's still under your 2m cap. Or for a third option, you could spend those NP on training another stat like defense or HP.

Despite all this, I do recommend you get a healer. Greater Healing Scroll is pretty inflated, but with your HP, you could be well-served by a Lesser Healing Scroll. It's still inflated, but it's less so than the GHS.

Let's check the math and see!

Option 1. Try to get 85 attack boost

Cost: Assuming your level is half of your highest stat (so level 37), getting to the 85 strength boost would cost you at minimum 14 Five Dubloon Coins and 15 codestones. Assuming codestones are about 10k each (and they probably average out to be less) and Five Dubloon Coins are 4,500 each, this will cost you 213,000 NP.

Damage: With Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons) and Rainbow Scroll (9 icons), you would do damage of 19 icons * 2.5 boost = 47.5 damage.

Option 2. Getting Better Weapons

Pojman is right that your weapons are already pretty good for what you can spend. Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy is a rather economical weapon. You could also get a Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, Altador Cup Throwing Star, or Ylanas Blaster. They are all less powerful than the Bath Buddy, but they were going for closer to 1m before the inflation. Now they are all closer to 1.5m. So let's say you pick the Bath Buddy.

Cost: 2m for a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy.

Damage: With Bath Buddy (14 icons) and Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons), you would do damage of 24 icons * 2 boost = 48 damage.

You only do an extra half point of damage, and you paid a heck of a lot more for it. Even if you only attack with your strongest weapon, with the boost you do 10 icons * 2.5 = 25 damage, and with the Bath Buddy you do 14 icons * 2 = 28 damage. Again, it's more, but you still paid a lot more for 3 damage.

If I were you, I would concentrate on training. Once you get past that boost, you could go for the next boost at 125. I estimate that it would cost you about 1.8m to get to the 125 boost, and then you would do 19 icons * 3 boost = 57 damage. Or, alternatively, if you opted to train to 85 and get a cheaper weapon like Ylanas Blaster, with YBlaster (12.5 icons) and Scroll of the Scholar (10 icons), you do 22.5 icons * 2.5 boost = 56.25 damage, and it's still under your 2m cap. Or for a third option, you could spend those NP on training another stat like defense or HP.

Despite all this, I do recommend you get a healer. Greater Healing Scroll is pretty inflated, but with your HP, you could be well-served by a Lesser Healing Scroll. It's still inflated, but it's less so than the GHS.

Thanks for your advice! So should I go for codestone training so that I can meet the beginning of the war? Also, what shields should I get?