Hello! I have some silly questions about the Battledome. If the lovely forum members could help me out, I would appreciate it greatly! I am looking to get the Battledome Avatars, and also build my pet's stats for future plots. I know, I know. I'm REALLY behind.

First, what constitutes good stats for a battle pet? Are all stats important in the Battledome? Or are some no applicable when it comes to fighting?

Second, is there a good weapons set for a beginner/someone who is working on training a pet?

Finally, I was recently gifted with a Space Faerie code by a VERY generous Neopian. What do I need, or should I have, to take her on? I know I'm not ready yet, but I am making training a priority so I hope to be ready soon(ish).

Thanks for all your help!!

Elyse

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this post - in the Help section or in the Battledome section. If the Moderators think it's better suited for the Battledome section, please move the thread!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Help' to 'Battledome & Battlepedia Chat'.

I hate to be that person but TDN has a great guide here that I learned everything from. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

You should check that out, it will answer more questions then any one of us answering the questions you have as them come up. The battledome is currently changing so use the guide and just realize that things like movement which have always been known as a useless thing in the battledome might become important.

I've been ninja'd! Batman's advice is really good, and I do suggest you read through those articles before posting more questions. However, here are answers to the specific questions you asked.

First, what constitutes good stats for a battle pet? Are all stats important in the Battledome? Or are some no applicable when it comes to fighting?

Good stats are high stats. Strength and defense are maxed out at 750, but only the strongest pets get up there. There's not a specific point where people say, "Oh, now it's a pet with good stats." But a lot of people will add together their strength, defense, and HP to get an HSD number, and they use that to compare pets.

Some stats are not applicable. Movement and intelligence are only important because a few weapons like Heavy Robe of Thievery and Heavy Blue Tunic act differently (read: better) after a certain point. To see all of them, visit the Battlepedia's Special Weapons Guide.

Second, is there a good weapons set for a beginner/someone who is working on training a pet?

Yes, there are good weapons. Take a look at the Basic Weapon Sets Guide. There, you'll find an explanation of the different types of weapons (constants, dual-duties, shields, bombs, etc.) and a list of good ones for beginning, intermediate, advanced, and expert battlers. You can mix-and-match, too, so if you want to get some constants from the intermediate set but shields from the beginner set, that's fine. It's just a starting point for you to choose from.

Finally, I was recently gifted with a Space Faerie code by a VERY generous Neopian. What do I need, or should I have, to take her on? I know I'm not ready yet, but I am making training a priority so I hope to be ready soon(ish).

The Battlepedia has a Space Faerie Guide, which includes recommended stats. (Fair warning: they're pretty high for a beginner.) It also gives you some good weapons to use against her. For another option, when I was just starting out, I beat her using Lurkerkilla's Petpage Guide.

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this post - in the Help section or in the Battledome section. If the Moderators think it's better suited for the Battledome section, please move the thread!

You can always ask for help on the Battledome in the Battledome section. People who are knowledgeable about the Battledome tend to look in that forum more often, so you'll probably get more replies/opinions/advice.

Edited by Lamppost