weapon set advice needed

Just like a few thousand or so of us, I'm trying to prepare for the upcoming plot. I've never really spent time in the battledome. I am actively training, and here are my current stats:

Hit Points: 127

Attack: 95

Defence: 91

Agility: 57

Intelligence: 137

For weapons I currently have equipped:
Sword of Apocalypse
Leaf Shield
Essence of Esophagor
Greater Healing Scroll
Snowglobe Staff
Ramtor's Spellbook
And in my safety deposit box I also have:
Earthen Scorchstone
Blue Scorchstone
Tooth of Terask
Halo of Devilpuss
Rohane's amour polish
Scuzzy's comb
Taelia's Token
bone sceptre
Golden Geraptiku talisman
obsidian dagger
I'm willing to sink up to 2 million into upgrades, and would really appreciate any recomendations or feedback!

Definitely continue training. With the dawn of plot speculation, the prices of almost all items (that work best in 1-player, because according to my searches items that work best in 2-player seem to be unaffected), but I still strongly recommend training. As to what type of training that is most efficient for you is an entirely different thing - there's item training (faster and a bit costlier depending on stat point increased), codestone training (a bit fast, very costly depending on stat point) or dubloon training (VERY LONG, but VERY CHEAP - almost unaffected by inflation).

I suggest you focus on Strength, Defense and HP (primarily strength though) but so far, your stats are pretty even. Try boosting your strength to a 125 boost and continue from then on of course.

Now for your weapon set. I do suggest that you sell your keep your Leaf Shield, Snowglobe Staff and Greater Healing Scroll. You'll keep them for a long while because they're really good for their price (the only one I'd suggest selling among those three is Snowglobe Staff, then buying Randomly Firing Freeze Ray).

Among Sword of Apocalypse, Essence of Esophagor, Ramtors Spellbook, Tooth of Terask, Halo of Devilpuss and Scuzzys Comb - the only few I can recommend keeping is the Comb and the Spellbook because they're 10 iconers with good icon choices. For the others, I suggest you sell them because they are a bit outdated, as better weapons have been released. I'd definitely recommend getting a Bow of Destiny after you've sold those because it seems as though it's the only 13-iconer that hasn't inflated titanically (dunno about the last few days but I think it's always been priced at 1.2-1.4 mil).

Feel free to also sell the other stuff. Blue Scorchstone will particularly fetch for a lot because it's a (over)healer :D But GHS will work better for you, so sell it.

I'd suggest this set for you:

Bow of Destiny

Ramtors Spellbook/Scuzzys Comb (feel free to upgrade to another 13-iconer when you have the money; also feel free to interchange)

Rusty Pitchfork (11 icons of attack + 5 physical defense = one of the best dual-duties, in my opinion)

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Leaf Shield/ Sophies Magic Hat (Nice to have them both to interchange as well, depending on your opponent)

15-icon muffin

Greater Healing Scroll

:D

15-icon muffins make very good bombs. If you're looking for some, I'd recommend Golden Muffin, Brain Muffin, or my favorite, Shooting Star Muffin. Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb works well too, and it's sometimes cheaper. If you're looking to go even cheaper, Jar of Meepit Eyes is a good, cheap, one-use 13-icon bomb.

Thank you both for the reply! I also just remembered that I have some plot points unredeemed, so I could also throw Ylannas blaster into the mix or a Rusty Lamppost from those.

After going through the battlepedia, I was wondering if I should consider a Honey Potion instead of muffins? Or perhaps a budget stretching Rainbow Clockwork Grundo??

I wouldn't recommend a Honey Potion. It's the cheapest multi-use bomb, but a Ylanas Blaster is not that much more and it's full multi-use. For Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, I think it depends on how much battling you plan to do. You could buy about 1,000 Swift Darkfire Negg Bombs for the price of an RCG.

Thanks for the feedback on the honey potion!

So based on both recommendations combined, this would be a pretty good set?

Bow of Destiny

Ramtors Spellbook/Scuzzys Comb (have)

Rusty Pitchfork

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Leaf Shield (have)

a boatload of swift darkfire negg bombs

Greater Healing Scroll (have)

Ylannas blaster (have)

Any changes recommended before I start trying to buy? I'm a bit worried about the bow of destiny, looks like very limited availability. Might have to look at the battlepedia for alternate suggestions.

Edited to add a question: No values on the Bow of Destiny listed in the training post, but it looks like the Ylannas blaster is going for 1.5 mil. I have 2, would it be a fair trade, ylannas blaster for bow of destiny?

Keep both of the Ylanas Blasters you have. I'd suggest dual Bow of Destiny, but dual YBlaster is good enough :) Looks alright, though I suggest if you have two 13-iconers, you should lose Ramtors and Scuzzys entirely (sell them or keep them in your SDB) :D

But so far, pretty nice!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I did manage to hit the 125 boost but haven’t hit 200 boost yet, still training as fast as I can. I’ve just hit 155 strength so still a long way to go. Just about to hit level 81 which will slow me down since training will take 6 hours instead of 4 :(
I am considering getting a HT weapon or 2, though I don't have a massive budget. I am willing to spend from 2 to 10 mill.
I am using pretty much what was recommended, I am currently using 2 Ylanas blasters, rusty pitchfork, greater healing scroll, RFFR, Downsize!, Patched Magic Hat, and Leaf Shield.
I know that it would be better to hit the strength boost but I am taking a long term perspective on this, and it doesn’t seem worth it to sink 5 million into Altador Strength potions when it really would only maybe get me through one higher set of enemies before this is over or they are too hard for me. The weapons I’ll keep, and maybe they will have another war again next decade.
Any suggestions? I could stretch it to an Anagram sword, but thought it might be better to get 2 of the less expensive items like a ghostkerbomb and dr sloths pbb instead. Would love your thoughts on this!

Thanks!!

I think it depends on how long you expect your battles to last. Consider the turn-by-turn analysis below. This is assuming you get Kelpbeards Trident, which does the same amount of damage as an anagram sword but it's a little cheaper at the Hidden Tower.

So:

Case 1: GBomb and DSPBB

Turn 1: GBomb + DSPBB = 25.5 icons + 14 icons = 39.5 icons

Turn 2: YBlaster + DSPBB = 12.5 icons + 14 icons = 26.5 icons; Running total: 66 icons

Turn 3: YBlaster + DSPBB = 12.5 icons + 14 icons = 26.5 icons; Running total: 92.5 icons

Turn 4: YBlaster + DSPBB = 12.5 icons + 14 icons = 26.5 icons; Running total: 119 icons

Case 2: YBlaster + KBT

Turn 1: YBlaster + KBT = 12.5 icons + 18 icons = 30.5 icons

Turn 2: YBlaster + KBT = 12.5 icons + 18 icons = 30.5 icons; Running total: 61 icons

Turn 3: YBlaster + KBT = 12.5 icons + 18 icons = 30.5 icons; Running total: 91.5 icons

Turn 4: YBlaster + KBT = 12.5 icons + 18 icons = 30.5 icons; Running total: 122 icons

Based on this, if you expect your battles to last longer than 3 turns, I would suggest the KBT, but if you intend to have finished them off after 3 turns, I would recommend the GBomb/DSPBB combo.

Of course, this assumes that you're just attacking with both constants each turn. Since I see you have a freezer in your set, you probably use that sometimes. So, before you make your final decision, I advise that you do a similar turn-by-turn analysis and use the weapons you actually plan to use. See which combination will give you the most icons.