Can someone help me complete my set?

Hi guys! I know I already posted a topic asking about this and neggs, but now that I actually have my set, I need some advice in order to fill up my two extra slots. Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how the BD works exactly and what weapons do what. I'm learning through trial and error, I guess.. Sort of. :P lol. It's taking longer to get the hang of than I thought it would.

First question. When you have two weapons on your screen, are only one of those weapons doing damage, or both?

Second: Where exactly does downsize! do? and when should I use it? Overall, I'm having a hard time deciding when to use what weapons and when.

Here is my current set.

- Rusty pitchfork

- Golden compass

- Downsize!

- Green Scorchstone

- Scroll of Knowledge

- Leaf shield

Someone told me I should have two scroll of knowledges? But why would I need two? Also are freezers worth it? If so - which ones? I don't want to pay np's for something that is going to break. :( Do I need a bomb of some sort? Erg... I just don't know. LOL! My budget for those last two items would be around the 300k range, but less would be awesome.

Thank you!

Hi guys! I know I already posted a topic asking about this and neggs, but now that I actually have my set, I need some advice in order to fill up my two extra slots. Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how the BD works exactly and what weapons do what. I'm learning through trial and error, I guess.. Sort of. :P lol. It's taking longer to get the hang of than I thought it would.

First question. When you have two weapons on your screen, are only one of those weapons doing damage, or both?

Second: Where exactly does downsize! do? and when should I use it? Overall, I'm having a hard time deciding when to use what weapons and when.

Here is my current set.

- Rusty pitchfork

- Golden compass

- Downsize!

- Green Scorchstone

- Scroll of Knowledge

- Leaf shield

Someone told me I should have two scroll of knowledges? But why would I need two? Also are freezers worth it? If so - which ones? I don't want to pay np's for something that is going to break. :( Do I need a bomb of some sort? Erg... I just don't know. LOL! My budget for those last two items would be around the 300k range, but less would be awesome.

Thank you!

Hey there! I think I replied to your previous post back then :)

Okay. For first a Scroll of Knowledge deals 11 icons ( 2 earth, 2 water, 2 dark, 2 air and 3 light). Now these icons are too spread out, so it's easily blocked by shields. Using two of these would make icons harder to block because there are more of them. The mass icons are generally harder to defend against. For short, Scroll of Knowledge x2 deals more mass icons = deals more damage = better in BD.

Now for your first questions, the two weapons that you choose when you're battling pretty much do what they're supposed to do. If you choose to use 2 Scrolls of Knowledge, then you'll deal 11 icons x 2 = 22 icons which then will be multiplied to your strength boost. The damage you deal, however, is entirely variable depending on your opponent's actions :)

Downsize! blocks 50% of all icons but it needs right timing. You can use it with a healer so that the healing would be optimal :)

Freezers are generally worth it. Randomly Firing Freeze Ray has a 50% chance to freeze and the other 50% chance to deal icons that are relatively nice. But right now, it's not really in your price range. The downgrade to that would be Snowglobe Staff, but only freezes for 20% of the time. I wanted to suggest Scroll of Freezing (freezes 100% of the time) but it has chances of breaking, which I know you wouldn't want.

For bombs, definitely nothing there in your price class that I can suggest apart from the 15-icon muffins = Brain Muffin, Fire Muffin, Darigan Muffin, Robot Muffin and Shooting Star Muffin - but they're one use though so I'm not sure if they're favorable :/

What I can suggest right now is only another Scroll of Knowledge and another Golden Compass. No bombs are worth it at this moment for you.

Hey there! I think I replied to your previous post back then :)

Okay. For first a Scroll of Knowledge deals 11 icons ( 2 earth, 2 water, 2 dark, 2 air and 3 light). Now these icons are too spread out, so it's easily blocked by shields. Using two of these would make icons harder to block because there are more of them. The mass icons are generally harder to defend against. For short, Scroll of Knowledge x2 deals more mass icons = deals more damage = better in BD.

Now for your first questions, the two weapons that you choose when you're battling pretty much do what they're supposed to do. If you choose to use 2 Scrolls of Knowledge, then you'll deal 11 icons x 2 = 22 icons which then will be multiplied to your strength boost. The damage you deal, however, is entirely variable depending on your opponent's actions :)

Downsize! blocks 50% of all icons but it needs right timing. You can use it with a healer so that the healing would be optimal :)

Freezers are generally worth it. Randomly Firing Freeze Ray has a 50% chance to freeze and the other 50% chance to deal icons that are relatively nice. But right now, it's not really in your price range. The downgrade to that would be Snowglobe Staff, but only freezes for 20% of the time. I wanted to suggest Scroll of Freezing (freezes 100% of the time) but it has chances of breaking, which I know you wouldn't want.

For bombs, definitely nothing there in your price class that I can suggest apart from the 15-icon muffins = Brain Muffin, Fire Muffin, Darigan Muffin, Robot Muffin and Shooting Star Muffin - but they're one use though so I'm not sure if they're favorable :/

What I can suggest right now is only another Scroll of Knowledge and another Golden Compass. No bombs are worth it at this moment for you.

Okay, thank you so much. That explained A LOT! I will buy another Scroll of Knowledge then. :) But what would be the difference between using my scroll of knowledge and pitchfork and using 2x scroll of knowledge? Since you can only use two at a time? Darn. I really wish I could afford a bomb. I have some brain muffins stashed away that I'll use sparingly during the plot. Thank you yet again for your input, I really appreciate all the time you took to help me out with this.

I need to read more on the battlepedia I guess. I'm starting to understand the icons better. I guess different opponents have weakness's to different icons?

Also, how do you know when to use the golden compass? and with what? And when should I use my pitchfork/scroll of knowledge? Or is better to stick with scroll of knowledge x2 the majority of the time?

You don't necessarily have to. Since Rusty Pitchfork already does 11 icons of damage, it's also a nice pairing with Scroll of Knowledge. The difference would be that there would be more icon diversity when you use Scroll of Knowledge x2. Yeah. You can only use two at a time. It's alright if you can't afford a bomb yet. No problems and that's a good start :D

You use the golden compass best when your opponent deals out icons that contain dark, otherwise it would be preferable to use RPF + SoK/SoK x2 because it usually deals more damage.

If I were you, I wouldn't get two scrolls of knowledge, because you already have the rusty pitchfork equipped, which does the same number of attack icons, plus five physical defensive icons. So when you do a round of all out attack with dual constants, just use the one scroll of knowledge along with your pitchfork. And btw, physical icons are one of the most common to have dealt against you, so that's taking advantage of the fact that you have the pitchfork in your set. Peace.