disappearing inventory

snowsparkles

I recently got a free scarabug petpet from one of the dailies. I was going through and feeding my pets and when I refreshed, there was a "rotten wormy apple" that ended up next to the scarabug and it said "Scarabug eats Rotten Wormy Apple!" Will the scarabug eat all food items that are next to it, and will it eat non-food items? I know the simplest thing is to just put it in my SDB to prevent it from eating other items, but I'm just wondering about the nature of the scarabug.

Interesting! :O I know drackonacks will eat cheese if they're next to it in your inventory (you get an avatar for it!) but I didn't know it extended to other petpets. It's extremely rare so it's unlikely that your scarabug will eat any more food, but your SDB is the only 100% for sure safe place. I don't think it would ever eat any non-food items.

Any and all petpets can eat food sitting next to them in your inventory. I had Plumpy eat something out of my inventory on the day we got them.

Rebecca beat me to it!

Every petpet has the capability to eat food items in your inventory when they are directly beside them.

Huh! I guess I learn something new every day! Note to self: Don't leave petpets next to expensive food items!