In need of help/advice about draik custom.

~Xandria

Hello my TDN friends! I hope that this is posted in the right section. Anyways, so for a long long time now my dream pet has been a plushie kacheek. I found someone on the neoboards with a plushie kacheek UFT and is seeking a custom snow draik.

This sounds like an awesome trade, right?! Right.

So there is good news and bad news to this.

The good news is: I would have my all time dream pet.

The bad news is: After buying the pirate draik egg I would literally have 0 NPs in the bank. :(

I JUST now managed to save up two million nps and was really happy that I made it that far. However, I know that plushie paint brushes cost around 4.5 mil. So... erm. Gosh, idk. :(

I have until febuary 1st to buy the draik egg and do the custom. So, I guess my question is what is the absolute cheapest way to go about this? Is it possible for me to find a better deal? Right now they are selling on the TP for 2.5 mil. I'm about 300k shy of that, but I'm sure I could make 300k in a month.... I'm just at a loss, because being totally broke is definitley going to set me way back on a lot of my other goals. I haven't been able to play habi or KQ because of my computer being so slow. :/ Otherwise I'd be able to make a lot more than 300k in a month... :/

Advice anyone? Thank you!

I don't know if I can advice something, but follow your heart. If you want a plushie kacheek that badly, then buy the draik egg to trade. And remember to ask yourself a question ""Will I regret about this trade?" Maybe the pet name or something will make you think not to trade it anymore. Also see to the money. You can do many things with 2 milions neopoints and many ways to increase your NP to over 4.5 mil NP. If you can't wait a while for your dream pet, what can i say anymore; but if you can, then yes, you shouldn't trade :) Hope this help XD

Hun, I agree with dat_dao. Follow your heart. Is it something you will regret later, or do you think you will love your Plushie Kacheek completely? If you are having any reservations about the pet, don't do it. If your only concern is with the NP that the custom will cost, then you just have to weigh what is more important to you right now- your dreamie, or your other goals. :)

I think it would be a good trade. It sounds like it would be cheaper than creating your own Plushie Kacheek, unless you can find a good deal. It looks like there's a plushie paint brush on the TP for only 800k... http://www.neopets.com/island/tradingpost.phtml?type=browse&criteria=owner&search_string=brad_2614

I hope for your sake that the lot owner is really only looking for 800k!

I'm pretty sure you mentioned that to get a plushie kacheek on your own would cost more than this deal, right? You also said this kacheek has been a dreamie of yours for a long long time. If you are seriously THAT worried about having no neopoints left in the bank, then decline the trade offer. Just keep in mind that if you will go for a plushie kacheek in the future it's going to cost near double - and you won't have any neopoints in the bank after that anyway.

Just make sure you love everything about the kacheek (it's name etc.) and that you feel a good vibe from him/her. :)

Good luck!

I think it would be a good trade. It sounds like it would be cheaper than creating your own Plushie Kacheek, unless you can find a good deal. It looks like there's a plushie paint brush on the TP for only 800k... http://www.neopets.c...tring=brad_2614

I hope for your sake that the lot owner is really only looking for 800k!

Funny you mentioned that. I found that on the TP yesterday and made an offer. I also neomailed the person to see if they were actually serious.... something makes me doubt it though. :( That's just to good to be true! haha.

Thank you for all your help guys. ^^ I'm going to be thinking it over... and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get that PB for 800k! That would be AMAZING. <3

edit: does anyone know if I'd be able to spend less than 2.5mil on a pirate draik egg? Or is that a pretty set in stone price?

I wish I'd just get lucky at the forgotten shore. :/

Funny you mentioned that. I found that on the TP yesterday and made an offer. I also neomailed the person to see if they were actually serious.... something makes me doubt it though. :( That's just to good to be true! haha.

Thank you for all your help guys. ^^ I'm going to be thinking it over... and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get that PB for 800k! That would be AMAZING. <3

edit: does anyone know if I'd be able to spend less than 2.5mil on a pirate draik egg? Or is that a pretty set in stone price?

I wish I'd just get lucky at the forgotten shore. :/

I think that is a pretty standard price for it- some people may want to make a quick sale and sell it for less. It may go up or down a little, depending on how many people have won them recently, but...

I've seen them for 2.2 millions. Check the auctions if the TP isn't helping.

Thanks Dumpty! I was able to snag one for 2.1mil. It left me with 100k in my bank, but definitley worth it! I really appreciate how helpful you all have been. Thanks so much! :wub_anim: