Classical Music - Like it or Hate it ?

Angeló

I personally love Classical music ... it's so ... authentic and amazing ... even though I can't play any instruments

what about you ? do you think it's true that only old people like Classical music ? :P (I'm not that old btw)

I like it sometimes.. in movies and such. But I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it while I was at home. :P

There is a little set of houses right across the street from me where old people live, and one man plays the piano sometimes and I can hear it whenever he does. It's quite nice. :)

What's not to like?

I know I'm not old either and while I enjoy some hardcore techno to my soothing trance, I also can't help but to be drawn to classical and instrumental music :3

Ever since my band days, I've grown to love and respect classical music and it's a great genre to study to! Some good Mozart and Chopin always do the trick!

I love it! It is amazing when you close your eyes and start visualising the music, like, Vivaldi's Four Seasons are actually an amazing interpretation of the seasons, should one care to try. I do play the piano and have done so from an early age, so I was exposed to classical music, its beauty and its challenges. I also love modern classical musicians, like the Bond quartet.

I enjoy classical music, but most often I favour "modern" music genres and sometimes jazz.

I was actually just listening to the soundtrack from The Hobbit the other day, which I liked a lot. There's also an annual open air opera event where I live that I like to attend, if you count opera as classical music.

I have a love hate relationship with classical music. I used to play a number of instruments and was trained on classical piano so I know a lot of classical music to heart - and many many memories of slaving over a piece in order to get it right. I had a tiger mom, so I spent a lot of my childhood pretty much chained to my piano bench playing Bach until my fingers protested.

However, being that exposed to such an array of music makes me appreciate it on a different level. I love certain works, and definitely have my favorite composers (Tchaikovsky ftw!) and I do tune into my local classic music channel. I sometimes go out of my way to listen to it, but I would say 90% of my music listening is more modern :D

Love it! I grew up learning classical piano (cuz asian parents) as well but hated it..then had an epiphany sometime junior year of high school and started loving it; it was amazing. I would say I enjoy music from the romantic period the most (Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms, Liszt, etc.) but I love anything. I'm pretty open to music in general though and theres not much I dislike!

I really enjoy it. I find it (and non-Classical instrumental music) to be relaxing, and fantastic for keeping focused while doing work. I used to listen to it a lot while writing essays. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love classical music! Its soothing and I always listen to before bed. Plus I like to listen to it while I do homework.

~ I almost forgot to mention my favorite song is of course Fur Elise. Also I found a Sirius station that is called Spa that I really like as well.