Acceptable Pet Name?

2slo

I did send in a ticket to TNT, but I don't think that I will receive a reply from them (either due to them being too busy, or me not being able to find a suitable catagory to submit the ticket under), so I'd really like some opinions on this before I move forward.

One of my dream pets is a Halloween Grundo; I finally saved up enough NP to go ahead with it, so I created a new Grundo... which was promptly deleted for having an inappropriate name (and a warning issued to my account). Common consensus seems to be that the name was too violent for the site (or that it had unintended references to real-life political/war situations).

I went ahead and came up with a new name (the pet is dressed in traditional "death" clothes, so it has to be a little dark sounding), and searched for pets that contained the same words (there were both users and pets that contained one or the other word, as well as similar names), and then went and created a new Grundo. I did not receive any warnings/messages about this one, but I'm worried that in the future he could be removed. I don't want to spend millions of NP and NC on customization, just to have the pet deleted or my account frozen. It wasn't my intent to create a pet with an offensive name in the first place.

What are your opinions on the name "Harbinger_Of_Demise"? Too violent? Should I hold off on customization?

Out of curiosity, what was the old name? Maybe if we saw the old name, we'd see where TNT's line is drawn. (Although, make sure you are careful about posting it on here--do you think it will be too inappropriate for this site? It probably will be fine as long as it doesn't contain curse words, though.)

No cursing... The old name was "Death_Dealer" :) Because of the Halloween Grundo's look (Death), and the fact that he would be a Battledome pet, I thought it would be a cool name. I mean, the terms "death" (Dr. Death anyone?), "dying", etc. are used on the site, not to mention zombie pets.

Guess it was too violent... Whoops! Lesson learned.

I have no problem with either name actually, but like karmacow said, my limit is also quite different than TNT's. I think it's better to be safe than sorry, especially where millions of NP are concerned, and wait til you hear back from the ticket.

What category do you think would be best to submit the ticket under? I just put it under "Comments-Ideas" because that was the most general category I could find... but I feel like I'm not going to get a response there. Is there a better way to get in contact with someone about it?

As other have said I see nothing wrong with the name! & I have definitley seen way worse on the site. I mean, come on! They even have a pet on the site named

"bloodthirst". I think the reason they didn't allow death_dealer is because death is one of there filtered words. So any word that is filtered through neomail would probably be a no no to them.

Haha, I don't send Neomail for the most part (... out of fear of getting warnings...), so I wasn't even aware of what words are filtered/not filtered. :P I wonder why it wouldn't have alerted me that the name wasn't allowed to begin with (as in, before it allowed the pet to be created)?

I discovered the hard way that you can't say "dead" on neopets. I got a warning for stating that a thread was dead. For a while I was majorly puzzled what I got the warning for, because of how unforthcoming TNT is with their warnings. A while later, I read that you can't say "dead", so that's when the penny dropped.