NC Trades: Too Picky?

So now that I have been doing some NC Trading, I am wondering if I am being too picky... I have received a lot of offers on my Iridescent Light Dress but I find myself turning them down. For one, I don't want to trade for anything other than something I will absolutely use more than once.

One person offered a custom from the NC Mall. I say no because I have NC from Christmas and can't seem to find anything I want right now. (I did think about asking for another Widget but with my luck I would end up with another Light Dress and then where would I be?)

Another person offered another dress which is fair but dresses just look awful on my pets which is why I am willing to trade this really pretty one.

All the other offers were people sending over their UFT Lists and I just couldn't find something I could justify swapping this dress for.

This NC Trading is a little more stressful than I thought it would be. Hopefully I'll get used to it. lol

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. :-)

Don't trade unless you find a trade you're happy with. It sounds simple, but really, don't worry too much about turning people down. If you wanted to stay in trading for a long time, then some of the trades you turned down may have not been the best move, assuming the items they were willing to trade had the same cap value. But if you only want to trade directly for an item you want, and will use, then you are doing it exactly right. :3 I doubt very much that people are going to hold it against you- they've all done the same thing, I'm sure.

So don't worry about it! :) Maybe try looking for NC items that you would want in exchange for that one, and see what their value is. Maybe they are far rarer, and you'll have to trade some other items as well to get them, but... :)

You know... Since I don't like turning others down as well, what I decided to do was lurk. I browsed their trade lists and I made the offers on my terms. If I get turned down, I don't mind.

I agree that you shouldn't trade unless you're happy with it. And don't be impatient. You certainly don't need to trade the dress right now. Sit back, fiddle with some customizations until you realize you actually want a specific item. =)

Good luck!

EDIT:

Sorry I missed the part about you already trading the dress. Glad you got something you actually wanted.

Be warned though, they might not be interested in something you want. People for some reason have this idea that NC items are divided by worth and value, to which I found when trying to trade a background for some face paint. I just went with what she had on her wishlist and she said it had higher value, or something like that, and sent it back.

Be warned though, they might not be interested in something you want. People for some reason have this idea that NC items are divided by worth and value, to which I found when trying to trade a background for some face paint. I just went with what she had on her wishlist and she said it had higher value, or something like that, and sent it back.

It's definitely not as easy as it sounds. And items are not always worth what you pain for them, especially if they are retired.

It's definitely not as easy as it sounds. And items are not always worth what you pain for them, especially if they are retired.

Oy, it's very difficult, indeed. Takes a lot of trial and error and learning item "worth" (even though I think the value thing is silly, unspoken rules are rules.)