My Boyfriend Entered a Video Contest! Please "Like"!!

lilshadowdweller

My boyfriend has entered this Canadian video contest - it surrounds protecting your online privacy. In this era, it's important to be in control of your information, and with so many social networking websites, that's very difficult to do.

Ironically, I advertised the video on Facebook (go figure), but I thought my friends here would like to see it! If you could, "Liking" it or sharing it would be awesome!

And yes, he's actually Russian (not even Canadian yet but he's working on it), but, he DOES NOT have that thick of an accent! He actually sounds pretty normal, he was just acting. ;)\

Input would be great, I hope he gets it, he's worked so hard!

(It's only one minute long!)

http://www.makerightchoices.ca/#!spetsnaz-advises-online-security/

That's a fantastic video. :D I always get worried about online security (my mum has worked for a Credit Union my entire life, and she's in the corporate security department, so she gets to deal with all the phishing, identity theft, credit card theft, etc- any problems that effect the memebers of the CU.) So I've had it practically beaten into me not to allow much information about myself to be on the internet. Good information for people to have- even if they don't change their FB habits, people should know that their information IS being sold.

Awesome video!!

A few years ago a friend of mine was pestering me constantly to sign up for FB and I never did. My husband found a video on Youtube or somewhere stating that all the information people put on FB is getting sold. That basically turned me towards the "I'm never signing up for this" attitude. I still don't have a FB or twitter or anything like that.

The website takes too long for me to load. Does anyone have the same issue?

On mobile devices, it won't load at all. I've already tried. It's really silly how they have their website set up, even Arty thinks so. I imagine that they placed A LOT of information on it. It loads for me, but it takes awhile. So yes, I do actually comprehend your issue!

That's a fantastic video. :D I always get worried about online security (my mum has worked for a Credit Union my entire life, and she's in the corporate security department, so she gets to deal with all the phishing, identity theft, credit card theft, etc- any problems that effect the memebers of the CU.) So I've had it practically beaten into me not to allow much information about myself to be on the internet. Good information for people to have- even if they don't change their FB habits, people should know that their information IS being sold.

Well, it wasn't his idea. The whole website which hosts the contests devotes their time to this sort of information. I've always known that I was being "sold", I mean, the service is free for a reason, right? Every picture you upload because THEIR property. Oh, they make sure that it remains your property, too, but it's also their own. I'm not sure if Facebook has ever actually allowed publishers to use their information, I have yet to see my picture posted publicly. But I'm sure something like that has happened! One of my personal biggest hobbies on Facebook is "Like"-ing things. Everytime I "Like" something, Facebook gathers the data and uses it to show me advertisements. As well, it helps advertise the companies! Facebook isn't alone, though. Twitter and Google (gmail especially) are very terrible for this!

I forgot to reply to this and tell you that I voted O.O but I was 19 :) I hope he wins :)

Awe, it's really sweet of you guys to tell me which number you were! You don't have to, of course, I'd believe you anyway. But thanks so much! The main contest is still up to the judges, but they have "viewers choice", and the more "likes" he gets, the better!!! =D

Upthumbed!

I wonder how much my facebook account is worth. I don't think anything in my bio is true. I do "like" things on there, so that's probably worth something.

Actually, the "like" part is possibly more important than your profile information. The companies use it to determine how to advertise and how appealing their products are. xD I feel the scariest thing is more so our personal pictures belonging to Facebook!

Tell him he did a really great job on it! (I'm so totally lacking with in the verbal area when I'm tired, it took me a few seconds to adjust my brain to his exaggerated accent and be able to understand him.)

I remember reading an article about this recently. I'm a generally horrible FB user (From FB's point of view). I log in once every couple days, not posting/uploading/updating. I have few friends, only ones I consider close friends, and I generally just read their updates, and log back off.

Oh, and I liked it. :D I hope he wins