Neopian times, your experience?

Raichi

Have you ever submitted something?

If yes what did you submit?

How long did you have to wait before you got accepted/declined

How did the process go?

What's your experience overall? (happy/unhappy)

I was wondering because I submitted a comic page a week ago but heard that it can take a long time before they tell me anything.

I've had one article accepted into the neopian times, a guide on multi-player games.

I've written one other, that's been rejected twice, once because I submitted it for one of the 100 anniversary editions and it wasn't good enough, and once because apparently I didn't use square brackets correctly, which was weird because I didn't use square brackets at all. That was only last week, so I need to relook at it and submit again I guess.

They normally send you a neomail with a week or so telling you whether you got in or not.

Overall it's a bit frustrating - I can't understand why an article can't be held over and published later on (rather than them telling you to resubmit). Either it's good enough, or it isn't...

I've been in there once. http://www.neopets.c...497289&week=455

I think it got submitted relatively shortly after I published it (2 weeks or so). I was pretty happy about getting in and I also think they chose a suitable picture to go along with the article.

Reason I submitted a short article is since I'm more used to writing articles (here for TDN) and usually can't write a conclusion to short stories.

I do want to get in there with my new account again, mainly for the avatars.

I've only submitted one thing, a comic about ten years ago. I'm GLAD it didn't get approved- it was terrible! LOL

I submitted a comic probably seven or eight years ago that got the "held over for consideration" neomail from tnt, which a recent editorial said means it will go in eventually, but it never did. Or at least if it did I didn't see/hear about it. I thought about resubmitting now so many years later but it was more relevant when the avatar it's talking about was released. Honestly I wonder if I'd even have a chance anymore. I read the NT comics every once in awhile and I only think maybe half even make sense, much less are funny. I wish they had better guidelines for what they look for, since just reading them doesn't help me.

I have appeared in the NT 6 times so far ... I was never rejected ...

I mainly write articles which provide information in a funny entertaining way :)

When you submit , and if you get accepted , you'll get a msg from TNT saying it's been "held over" which means it won't need editing or resubmitting on your behalf. This usually can take 2-4 weeks and means you got accepted , but it's not 100% guaranteed. TNT will choose the issue and time for your submission to appear .. and that can take a while , especially if there are some special issues at hand and your submission doesn't fit these criteria (for example an article about spring won't appear in a Christmas issue) ... so it can take another 2-3 weeks , or less if you're lucky ... My articles about school supplies appeared quickly because I submitted them in the "back to school" season ...

If your submission is to appear in a special issue , you will get an additional prize ... but you should submit way ahead because these are the busiest of times and TNT get loads of submissions ..

but it's weird, I didn't get a message or anything after submitted like "you've successfully submitted" or something on the next page.

It was just select file, description and name and thumb. And then click submit, and then I was back at the original page. Not knowing whether it got sent to them for real or not. I still haven't heard back about my comic which is slightly odd maybe...

I've been in there once. Pretty recently, too. http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=534647&week=538

Basically, my idea was pretty unique, and I think that was what had appealed to them. Always use proper grammar, or try to, anyway. They'll fix it as long as it's not bad. My first experience was that, maybe about two weeks after I had submitted the article, I received a Neomail from TNT stating that my article was "waiting" and there was a chance it could be selected for a future issue. Just a few days later, I was congratulated, stating that my article had made it. It's a REALLY exciting experience when you succeed!

Since I've only submitted once, and got accepted, I'm not sure if they will send you a rejection or not.

They do send a "rejection" and they specify why .. for example they'll say "we have lots of great submissions" if your submission doesn't fit their general themes ... or they can tell you specifically what to fix : grammar , vocabulary , gore , etc ...

but it's weird, I didn't get a message or anything after submitted like "you've successfully submitted" or something on the next page.

maybe you missed it ... it's in a small red font ...

you can re-submit it after a couple weeks if you don't hear from them ...