Using Trades/Auctions

ashwee

Hi, guys! I've been a long time Neo player, but this is the first time I'm selling an UB that will need to go to the Auction House (because it's over 800K NP). I've noticed that some people still place their items in trades (I guess so they can get Neomailed offers?). If someone offers, what's the safest way to get it to the auction for the person without risking someone else snatching it up?

Hi, guys! I've been a long time Neo player, but this is the first time I'm selling an UB that will need to go to the Auction House (because it's over 800K NP). I've noticed that some people still place their items in trades (I guess so they can get Neomailed offers?). If someone offers, what's the safest way to get it to the auction for the person without risking someone else snatching it up?

That is a neo-friend auction you are thinking of. Add the person a a neo-friend and make sure not to accept requests until the auction is over. Also, if you want to play a tinsy bit risky, lets say the item you want costs 800k, start the bid at 1 NP and make a 799,999 increment. I the item is worth only 800k, only a foolish person would go for that auction.

The safest way to proceed is to make that person your neofriend and put the auction on NF only :) You can always unfriend each other afterwards if you wish to keep your friendlist for actual friends only.

i would just use the trading post and get the money from there, its quicker, idk if you know this, but the trading post can let you offer NP, lets say your wishlist said 800k, an average trader will offer 790k-800k along with a junk item. sorry, but your question wasn't very clear to me

i would just use the trading post and get the money from there, its quicker, idk if you know this, but the trading post can let you offer NP, lets say your wishlist said 800k, an average trader will offer 790k-800k along with a junk item. sorry, but your question wasn't very clear to me

Sorry for the confusion! From what I understand, an item that is over 800K should not be used on the TP because the limit is 800k... which is why people Auction. But I guess people still put items worth over 800K on the TP just to advertise.

The safest way to proceed is to make that person your neofriend and put the auction on NF only :) You can always unfriend each other afterwards if you wish to keep your friendlist for actual friends only.

Thanks for this suggestion! I mean, I wouldn't mind if someone outbid this person, but since she contacted me, I'd like to make sure she gets it :)

How do you guys usually deal with your UBs over 800k? Do you advertise on the TP and wait for the Neomails or do you just stick them in auction?

Sorry for the confusion! From what I understand, an item that is over 800K should not be used on the TP because the limit is 800k... which is why people Auction. But I guess people still put items worth over 800K on the TP just to advertise.

Thanks for this suggestion! I mean, I wouldn't mind if someone outbid this person, but since she contacted me, I'd like to make sure she gets it :)

How do you guys usually deal with your UBs over 800k? Do you advertise on the TP and wait for the Neomails or do you just stick them in auction?

If the item is worth, lets say 1 million you could ask for a Baby PB + 430k. Baby PB's are often used for dealing with this situation.

I have only sold few items worth more than 800k, so my experience is limited. If I want to sell, I just stick it in the auctions for around what it should sell for and hope that someone who wants it will find it and bid. I'm personally more likely to bid on something with a high minimum increment (unless that will push the price way up, past the actual value), because then I'm almost sure to win that auction. So I like to set it up so that the first bidder will make the price go up to the amount I want for the item.

its usually still better to put it in the TP to advertise, and then mention, "neomail to auction/negotiate" (if you want to negotiate) since you will usually get more for it in the Trading Post than if you flat out auction it, as the Trading Post your item stays there for longer, and most people check the Trading Post first :)

as other have mentioned, asking for Baby Paint Brushes which are ETS is a good way to get around the NP limit on the Trading Post, otherwise the Auctions are the way to go,

If you are unfamiliar with the Auctioning pricing system, what i did was i auctioned off a tomato for like 3 million np xD of course no-one bought it, but i set it for an hour anyway, just to see how the increment system worked (since i was doing what my buyer was telling me) and yes, NF auctions are usually the best way if you have an agreed buyer, especially if its a highly sought after item,

although if you are lazy to do a NF auction in the past i've had some traders just put it up with just a large increment, and for a short time (minimum is 1 hr), if both players are on right then and there, but its risky for populars as someone could snap it up

its usually still better to put it in the TP to advertise, and then mention, "neomail to auction/negotiate" (if you want to negotiate) since you will usually get more for it in the Trading Post than if you flat out auction it, as the Trading Post your item stays there for longer, and most people check the Trading Post first :)

as other have mentioned, asking for Baby Paint Brushes which are ETS is a good way to get around the NP limit on the Trading Post, otherwise the Auctions are the way to go,

If you are unfamiliar with the Auctioning pricing system, what i did was i auctioned off a tomato for like 3 million np xD of course no-one bought it, but i set it for an hour anyway, just to see how the increment system worked (since i was doing what my buyer was telling me) and yes, NF auctions are usually the best way if you have an agreed buyer, especially if its a highly sought after item,

although if you are lazy to do a NF auction in the past i've had some traders just put it up with just a large increment, and for a short time (minimum is 1 hr), if both players are on right then and there, but its risky for populars as someone could snap it up

Wow! Thanks for the suggestion to do a test run. I never would have thought to try that. I always hear horror stories of people screwing up somehow so thanks for that tip!

Also, thanks to everyone who suggested the Baby PB option. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind. Maybe for items 2 million NP or less? So I don't end up with a bunch of Baby PBs to sell?

I kind of wish there wasn't a NP limit on trades since auctioning seems so risky.