NC + Gift Boxes Questions

lovedwallflower

Hi guys :) I have 2 questions about NC and gift boxes. I'm about to buy a $5 NC card. (yes yes, i swore that i would never buy virtual items with real life money, but as it turns out, i have no real life :O)

1. Where do I actually buy the cards? I need a card cos I need a gift box too. A link from another help site sent me here: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/splash.phtml but none of those stores exist in Malta :( Is there an online store for cards?

2. I would like to send an NC item to a friend, who will very kindly give an NC item in return. When I send my item over in the box, does the box expire or disappear, or can he use my box to send over the item I want? In other words, is the gift box a two-way or just a one-way ticket means of transport?

Thanks for answering (and mods, pls feel free to move this to the help section if you think it's better placed there!)

I live in Sweden, and apart from ToysRus we have none of those stores here either (and our ToysRus doesn't sell Neopets merchandise at all). I've gotten all of my NC cards from eBay. I don't know if it varies from seller to seller, but when I had paid for the card, I got the code sent to my email, so it didn't take very long before I could redeem the card.

As for your second question, the NC box does expire once it's been sent. Your friend would not be able to use it to send an item back to you.

Another way of getting boxes (other than buying the cards) is to wait for the GBC - gift box capsule - to stock in the Mall. They can grant you anywhere from 1 - 5 boxes. I don't know how frequently they are stocked though. Most recently was the Pumpkin Gift Box Mystery Capsule.

Internet is a great way to get them if you don't have access to them in-store. The only problem I've run into is people wayyy overcharging. Sometimes they price at 20-50% above the face value of a card. You can end up paying $30+ for a 25$ card >.<

I'm still not sure why you don't get GBs for buying NC with paypal. You'd think Viacom would prefer this because it alleviates the expense of having the official cards (manufacturing, shipping, etc) because online transactions are done virtually.