Cross paint help

Storm

Hello :)

I want to experiment with cross painting my pet(s), but have a few questions before I start.

1) If I paint my Xweetok royal, take off its equipment from the PB - I will be able to paint it in any other colour, and put the outfit on again?

2) If I change species of my pet, will I keep the clothes (IE I have a Xweetok, paint it royal, change species to a Grarrl), Will I now have the Grarrl royal outfit, or the Xweetok one?

3) Can I unequip any of the pieces I don't like when I crosspaint? (for example the helm, dress etc?)

Any other information regarding cross paint is also very welcome!

As far as I know:

1) Yep, that's what the whole cross painting stuff is about! :D

2) Nope, it will stay Xwee.

3) You sure can! =)

If you wanna save some np there are some special agencies that give away PB clothing. Link to one of those: http://www.neopets.com/~Diviria

Hope it helped!

As far as I know:

1) Yep, that's what the whole cross painting stuff is about! :D

2) Nope, it will stay Xwee.

3) You sure can! =)

If you wanna save some np there are some special agencies that give away PB clothing. Link to one of those: http://www.neopets.com/~Diviria

Hope it helped!

Ooh, just so you know, in order to get the PB clothing, your pet has to be the base colour already. For example, if you adopted a Royal pet from the pound, it wouldn't have any clothing, so that's where the special agencies can come in handy. But you can't get Royal PB clothing if you just have a basic coloured pet or anything.

But everything else is right! And you don't have to worry about unequipping the clothing from your pet. :) If the new colour comes with its own clothing, it will likely unequip the old clothing for you, but it will still be in your closet, waiting to be used again.

You will definitely keep the Xweetok Royal clothing. And same goes if you change the gender of your pet- you can have a Royalgirl pet, with the Royalgirl clothes, but you won't get the Royalboy clothing if you change their gender- just the base will change.

I want to experiment with cross painting my pet(s), but have a few questions before I start.

1) If I paint my Xweetok royal, take off its equipment from the PB - I will be able to paint it in any other colour, and put the outfit on again?\\\

yes ... and you don't have to take off the PB clothes , once you re-paint it - the Royal clothes will stay on your pet (if not they will still be in your closet) ...

2) If I change species of my pet, will I keep the clothes (IE I have a Xweetok, paint it royal, change species to a Grarrl), Will I now have the Grarrl royal outfit, or the Xweetok one?

you will get to keep both sets of clothes (Xwee and Grarrl) .. you can put the Xwee clothes only on another Xwee though

3) Can I unequip any of the pieces I don't like when I crosspaint? (for example the helm, dress etc?)

yes of course

1) Yes, except for certain colors that change the shape of your pet dramatically. Maraquan, Baby, Invisible and Mutant are just a few of them.

2) If it changes colour and species, you will have the new color/species (say, if it becomes a ROYAL Grarrl you will get Royal clothes, but if it turns Christmas it will come with Christmas Grarrl clothes) combination. The previous combination you will still have the clothes for.

3) Yes.

I would recommend playing with Dress to Impress so you know what to expect :) They helped me chose the cross paint.

You read my mind. I was going to start a topic about the same questions you just asked. Haha. I'm very unfamiliar with it, but it sounds cool. What I'm worried about is not being able to tell what my pet will look like after cross-painting? Also - do most people just cross paint with royal? Or are there any others that are worth it? I know it's a personal preference, but how can you tell what your pet will look like afterwards? I know lostaccount mentioned dress to impress, but how would that work if you wanted the clothes and then to change colors?

Ooh, just so you know, in order to get the PB clothing, your pet has to be the base colour already.

It has to be the base color? What does that mean? :3

you will get to keep both sets of clothes (Xwee and Grarrl) .. you can put the Xwee clothes only on another Xwee though.

Wait, okay. I'm confused again. LOL. So, if you painted Xweetok royal and then took the clothes off, you wouldn't be able to use the clothes on any other pet? Also, you mentioned that if it changes species from the lab ray you will get both clothes from both species? Hm, seems like people would take advantage of this by continueing to zap there pets until they have a lot of the clothes, right? At least, for the species they are wanting to cross-paint. That's neat. :)

Dress to impress is brilliant for planning a cross paint. You select the colour you want your pet to be, and find the clothing of the paint brush colour you want. For instance, if you wanted a royal ixi skin, you choose royal ixi in the drop down menu, If you want the royal ixi to wear pirate clothes, you search for "pirate ixi", and it'll show you the pirate ixi paint brush clothing (including other items that include the words pirate and ixi, should there be any). You can always refer to the rainbow pool if you're unsure of whether an item belongs to a paint brush or not.

As for your question about the clothing; Paint brush clothing act like any other clothing item, except you can't trade it through normal means. That means that the only limitation to paint brush clothing is the pet's species. If you had one desert ixi and one royal ixi (I like ixis), they could swap clothing, no problem.

You read my mind. I was going to start a topic about the same questions you just asked. Haha. I'm very unfamiliar with it, but it sounds cool. What I'm worried about is not being able to tell what my pet will look like after cross-painting? Also - do most people just cross paint with royal? Or are there any others that are worth it? I know it's a personal preference, but how can you tell what your pet will look like afterwards? I know lostaccount mentioned dress to impress, but how would that work if you wanted the clothes and then to change colors?

It has to be the base color? What does that mean? :3

Wait, okay. I'm confused again. LOL. So, if you painted Xweetok royal and then took the clothes off, you wouldn't be able to use the clothes on any other pet? Also, you mentioned that if it changes species from the lab ray you will get both clothes from both species? Hm, seems like people would take advantage of this by continueing to zap there pets until they have a lot of the clothes, right? At least, for the species they are wanting to cross-paint. That's neat. :)

On Dress to Impress you can use any base colour you like (Faerie, Blue, Spotted, etc) and just search for the PB clothing of choice (Royal, Desert, etc). It'll be named something like "Desert Draik Tail Rings" or "Royalboy Shoyru Robe", etc. So you can see any combination of colours and clothes that you like. :D

It has to be the same base colour as the clothes you're looking for. If you have a Desert Aisha without any clothes, you can transfer the pet to a person with Desert Aisha clothes (probably from zapping), and when you get the pet transferred back to you, it will be clothed. If you send a Grey Aisha to that same person, they can dress them up in the Desert clothing, but when they try to transfer the pet back to you, the clothes will stay on their account, and you will get your Grey Aisha back without the clothes. So you will have to paint/zap/morph a pet to the same colour as the clothes you want (or get lucky and find one in the pound :P)

You can only use species specific clothing on that species. Grarrls can't wear Xweetok clothing, and Xweetoks can't wear Bori clothing. The clothes were only drawn to be wearable on the one species. :) So if you have lots of Grarrl clothng, and your pet changes species, you're out of luck!

EDIT: lol, some of this was covered by Karmacow. Oh well. :D

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. That's kind of strange that the color of the pet has to be the same as the clothing though. What if the clothing is multiple colors? Seems tedious. First you would have to paint/zap/morph the pet to the same color of the clothes, then paint it "royal", and then paint it your desired color?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. That's kind of strange that the color of the pet has to be the same as the clothing though. What if the clothing is multiple colors? Seems tedious. First you would have to paint/zap/morph the pet to the same color of the clothes, then paint it "royal", and then paint it your desired color?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oooh, I think we misunderstood each other. I don't mean that Blue pets can only transfer clothing that is coloured blue.

You know how some paint brushes give a pet different pieces of clothing?

2.png2.png2.png

The hairbands and bows at their tails are considered Paint Brush clothing. If you adopted one of these pets in the pound, they wouldn't have the hairband or bow. If you wanted to get those bits of clothing for your pet (and not just paint them a different colour, and get the clothing that goes with that colour), you could transfer your pet to someone who has that clothing. When your pet was transfered back to you, they would have the clothes. Yay!

But- even though the Biscuit and the Brown Usuls are both brownish in colour, the Biscuit Usul couldn't transfer the Brown Usul's clothing back over. While they were on the same account, any Usul could wear the clothes of any other Usul- doesn't matter in the slightest!- but if you wanted to get a certain colour of Usul's clothing, you would have to have the 'base' colour (Biscuit, Blue, Brown, etc) be the same as the clothing (Biscuit Usul Bow, for example).

That's only for transfering though. Like I said- if you have a million different colours of Usul Bows on your account, your Usul can be any colour and wear them.

So if you want any clothing that comes with a Paint Brush- the Usul Bows as demonstrated above, or stuff more elaborate like Desert or Royal

2.png2.png

they have to be that colour. There isn't a way to get clothing from PBs just by trading through the trading post or something. :)

Does that make sense? I'm afraid I'm not explaining very well! And please, let me know if you need me to explain more! I may wait until tomorrow morning to do so though- it is getting a bit late for me, LOL.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

To get the clothing from another person you do have to have a naked pet of that color (If they have the royal xwee clothing, you would have to have a naked royal xwee of the appropriate gender to trade the pet back and forth to get the clothing.)

Oooh, I think we misunderstood each other. I don't mean that Blue pets can only transfer clothing that is coloured blue.

You know how some paint brushes give a pet different pieces of clothing?

2.png2.png2.png

The hairbands and bows at their tails are considered Paint Brush clothing. If you adopted one of these pets in the pound, they wouldn't have the hairband or bow. If you wanted to get those bits of clothing for your pet (and not just paint them a different colour, and get the clothing that goes with that colour), you could transfer your pet to someone who has that clothing. When your pet was transfered back to you, they would have the clothes. Yay!

But- even though the Biscuit and the Brown Usuls are both brownish in colour, the Biscuit Usul couldn't transfer the Brown Usul's clothing back over. While they were on the same account, any Usul could wear the clothes of any other Usul- doesn't matter in the slightest!- but if you wanted to get a certain colour of Usul's clothing, you would have to have the 'base' colour (Biscuit, Blue, Brown, etc) be the same as the clothing (Biscuit Usul Bow, for example).

That's only for transfering though. Like I said- if you have a million different colours of Usul Bows on your account, your Usul can be any colour and wear them.

So if you want any clothing that comes with a Paint Brush- the Usul Bows as demonstrated above, or stuff more elaborate like Desert or Royal

2.png2.png

they have to be that colour. There isn't a way to get clothing from PBs just by trading through the trading post or something. :)

Does that make sense? I'm afraid I'm not explaining very well! And please, let me know if you need me to explain more! I may wait until tomorrow morning to do so though- it is getting a bit late for me, LOL.

Okay, I think I'm finally starting to grasp it. It took me awhile though. ;) So, in order to get the clothes that come with the royal/desert paintbrush, then the pet needs to be just a standard color with no clothes? Like the original red, yellow, green, blue? I think that's the only part I'm not quite understanding.... is exactly what color it needs to be in order for this to work? Ugh, sorry. It's late here for me too, and I'm probably just not grasping it correctly. :sleeping_03anim:

Thank you Rebecca! I know more then I did before at least. :P

I was going to make a topic about this, too! I'm trying to understand what I've read here, but I'm getting super confused. Maybe because it's late. I didn't know it was possible to get extra sets of clothes if you've adopted a pet from the pound. :*

Don't worry about it. I'm getting really confused too. Lol. In fact, I think I've re-read everyones responses to this board about 3 times each. :weird:

Okay, I think I'm finally starting to grasp it. It took me awhile though. ;) So, in order to get the clothes that come with the royal/desert paintbrush, then the pet needs to be just a standard color with no clothes? Like the original red, yellow, green, blue? I think that's the only part I'm not quite understanding.... is exactly what color it needs to be in order for this to work? Ugh, sorry. It's late here for me too, and I'm probably just not grasping it correctly. :sleeping_03anim:

Thank you Rebecca! I know more then I did before at least. :P

Don't worry about it. I'm getting really confused too. Lol. In fact, I think I've re-read everyones responses to this board about 3 times each. :weird:

If you are using a Paint Brush on the pet, the pet can be any colour. :D Sorry, I probably made this more confusing that it should have been! Paint Brushes that give your pets clothing can be used just like any other paint brush. It's just that if you want to cross paint them- have the clothing, and then paint them a different colour- you have to make sure to use the paintbrush that gives the clothing first.

So. A pet doesn't have to be naked, or a basic colour, like red or yellow. It can be Maraquan, Grey, Blue, or Invisible. Clothed or naked. Doesn't matter!

The only time the pet being naked comes into play is if you ADOPT a pet- it won't have come with the clothing- which you would have aquired through any other means (painting, morphing, being transferred, etc). :)

I made this WAY more complicated than I should have- sorry! D:

Oh, interesting... so maraquan pets are able to wear paintbrush clothes? & I think I get it now, thanks guys. :3

Oh, interesting... so maraquan pets are able to wear paintbrush clothes? & I think I get it now, thanks guys. :3

Ack! Nope- Maraquan pets are a special body type, so they can't wear clothes outside of specially designed clothing FOR Maraquan pets. You had asked if a pet had to be a certain colour in order to get the clothing when a pet is painted Royal- not in the least. But if you paint a pet Royal, they won't be Maraquan anymore.

Does that make sense?

What if I have two poogles, my lab rat suddenly turns Robot (YAY!), can I unequip the clothes, and put it on the other poogle?

Yep! Only if you choose to transfer the naked robot poogle, I think the robot casings would be transferred along with it. But if you put the robot poogle in the pound, you would keep the casings.

Not sure about pound transfers, but certainly if you use the Lab Ray you get to keep any items of clothing.

So for instance, my pet recently got zapped into a Zombie Jetsam, complete with torn waistcoat and trousers. Then it got zapped to strawberry, but I still have the Zombie clothing, in fact I'll have it for ever, and any Jetsam pets I have will be able to wear it :)