Painting Draiks

Koralis

Bare with me as I describe the situation before I come to my question...

I was going through the Jellyneo Pet Directory because I was thinking of - eventually - creating a cross-painted Draik (desert and royal) and I was wondering if any currently existed as to see how it would actually look.

Anyways, I like the eye makeup of the female Desert Draik better than the males', but I like the blue colour of the male Royal Draik much better than the purple and pink of the female. (I'm pretty picky about what I like :P ) However, after looking through some of the draiks in the directory I noticed that there were a lot of royal draiks that had the blue colour, but were female.

I was wondering how this is possible? Does anyone know?

Is there a safe way to change your pet's gender? I just can't imagine subjecting a Royal boy Draik to the lab ray in hopes of a gender change.

Battling the scientist should be a safe way to change your pet's gender. Though I understand why you're reluctant to try it, given what he's capable of in the laboratory :D

Anyway, as stated here: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=gender Changing your royal pet's gender will not change its skin.

I just 'safe' in terms of no risk to changing a pet's species. If I had a draik, I wouldn't want to risk having it zapped into a kacheek or something just to try and change it's gender.

I believe what you're looking for is strange potion c:

& when you change the gender of a royal pet, the colors & clothes will not change with it.

Yes, that does sounds like what I was looking for. Thank you very much, I had no idea such a potion existed for that purpose.

I was looking for. Thank you very much, I had no idea such a potion existed for that purpose.

No problem, glad to be of help c:

If my memory serves me right, that potion has been around for quite some time.

When I saw question I was mentally go AH. That potion... that whatisitname potion.... that, THAT... xD

The strange potion changes the gender and that's it?! It cost 21 million!

On another note, I thought you could easily change the gender of your pet by defeating the scientist in the BD?

I'm hoping to change the gender of one of my pets as well. Milleniumgurl is a boy, and that's just not cool. :laughingsmiley:

You don't have to beat the lab scientist to change gender. He uses the potion randomly in the battle, then from what I read (and did) it's advisable to withdraw so he doesn't use it again. I just did it a couple weeks ago with a pet I've quit labbing who was the wrong gender for his name and it worked perfectly. Only real risk is having to try a few times if your pet isn't very strong and gets knocked out with one hit and the scientist doesn't use the potion the first round. No reason to fork over the millions for a potion you can use for free :) Of course, now that the battledome is officially closed no telling if the new one will work the same, or when it will be possible to try again.

@chiaroscruo: so that's it. I see so many people changing their pets' gender & thought there's actually so much NP flowing around the economy lol

You don't have to beat the lab scientist to change gender. He uses the potion randomly in the battle, then from what I read (and did) it's advisable to withdraw so he doesn't use it again. I just did it a couple weeks ago with a pet I've quit labbing who was the wrong gender for his name and it worked perfectly. Only real risk is having to try a few times if your pet isn't very strong and gets knocked out with one hit and the scientist doesn't use the potion the first round. No reason to fork over the millions for a potion you can use for free :) Of course, now that the battledome is officially closed no telling if the new one will work the same, or when it will be possible to try again.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I really do hope that it doesn't change the scientist's special 'weapon' because I really do need to change genders. I hope I'll still have the opportunity too. Thanks again for the helpful info though!

I just 'safe' in terms of no risk to changing a pet's species. If I had a draik, I wouldn't want to risk having it zapped into a kacheek or something just to try and change it's gender.

As far as I know, the only change he can do is changing your pet's gender.

It would be my luck that the BD is actually closed now, I should of had this thought a couple weeks ago! Oh well, I've got my fingers crossed that the Scientist still has the ability to change a pet's gender during a fight when the BD is re-opened.

Me too Trillium! *fingers crossed for the both of us*