Question about Site Spotlight

Bisque

Heh, so I am a bit of a petpage junkie. I really love making sites, pages, adoptables, etc. I won the Site Spotlight a few months ago and now when I try to submit my other site, it says "One of your sites has already won the site spotlight!" So I'm just wondering if this is permanent and I cannot submit again unless it's a site from a site account, or if this is a temporary ban, much like the beauty contest. I would definitely understand their reasons for only allowing 1 win per account, so that everyone gets a fair shot, etc, I'm just asking in case I'll be able to submit later on.

I recall a question to the editorial about this. I don't remember exactly what the answer was, but it gave me the impression that they would like to allow users to win multiple times, but that in order to win more than once, the submission should be even better than the one the person had won with before.

They will allow you to enter multiple times, though if you have already won once, they judge your entry more harshly.

Not too sure on the mechanics though... because I never submitted a Site Spotlight.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=561

Issue: 561 | 7th day of Gathering, Y14 spacer.gif

Hey, TNT. I recently spent much of my time creating and editing a Petpage so that I could enter for the Chocolate Ball's upcoming Site Spotlight -- however, when I went to enter it came up with: "One of your sites has already won the Site Spotlight!" It's true. I was fortunate enough to win the Site Spotlight back in 2008 -- but why should this stop me from entering again? Being creative is one of the main things on this site that I get pleasure from and I don't understand how people can win the customisation / poetry / storytelling / art gallery / etc. contests multiple times, but because I won the Site Spotlight four years ago all of my creativity and effort is now void. In my eyes, it's no different than getting accepted into The Neopian Times more than once. I just want to know if you're considering changing these options, as I feel like I've wasted a lot of time and effort creating something that will never receive any recognition. Thank you! ~icesmith

Hmm... we certainly agree with you! As long as it's a new Petpage with fresh new content, you should be able to enter it. As with a lot of other competitions, we judge players that have won before more harshly, but that shouldn't stop you from entering. We'll see if we can get that restriction lifted.

i remember reading it recently and i don't normally read the editorial. :P so at least i knew it was recent.. *still took me ages looking for it.* so i think.. currently you can't enter more than once on the same account, but possibly if you moved the petpage to another account you'll be able to enter *like what some people do with the BC* but that TNT is working on letting you enter more than once on the same account.

good luck with the site contest! :D