The Green Uni Project

Samuel

yea that's what i'm saying. They morph them, then abandon them. They just want to annoy people and they don't have any good intentions. They're pretty much ruining the fun of Neopets. What's so bad about adopting painted pets from the pound? They're just saying that we HAVE to create our pets and never adopt from the pound again. It should be the other way around, stop creating pets and adopt the ones from the pound.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then toss in the fact that buying every one of an item and keeping them is aginst Neopet's T&C. And you can't adopt high level, LE, or most painted pets untill your account reaches a cirtan age, the exact escaping me, but I wanna say 3 months.

While I agree that earning a pet can be more rewarding, the feeling of adopting a pet, LE, painted or not, can be very nice, having adopted 4 pets to keep, one being a painted LE, and 4 to lab, knowing (well, hoping at this point) they'll go to good homes.

don't people also adopt pets in real life from a pound? So I guess that isn't a nice to do. Keep in mind not everyone adopts and never creates a pet. I adopted 2 regular pets and created 2 myself so adopting from a pound gives you a nice feeling also because those poor pets are already sad. Also there's a reason why those painted pets are on the pound. They could be a trade because one person is leaving Neopets or someone just abandoned the pet. Nobody told anyone to pound a painted or LE painted pet. Once a pet is in the pound we can legally adopt it whether it is LE or not. Besides, they're not so easy to find.

With the guild point, you don't have to create a guild. That's what Neomail is for. You can't seek into someone's neomail 'undercover'

Trust me, they'll last a long time (although the publicity might die down). They've already been around for a while; its just that they've gained publicity only recently. Their newfound fame isn't entirely TNT's fault either (for the NT editorial). Some of them decided to start advertising.

With the guild point, you don't have to create a guild. That's what Neomail is for. You can't seek into someone's neomail 'undercover'

lots of post since i last looked at this thread.. but i was about to poist that point until i saw that you did

and weatehr tehy have good intentions or bad it dosnt matter if they arnt breaking any rules, as long as you do things safely they wount effect you so just leave them be. especilly so since hte ones that are actully advertising doing it are only doint it because it gets a reaction out of people.. if yall stop then the ones doign it out of spitr will find no fun in it anymore..

well you need to have a warning anyways that you cant garentee that they will get the pet becuase you have to place it in the pound, i dont see the need for an extra warning about them, if the person dosnt grab the pet quick enough it dosnt really matter who took it...

Yea, but lol people always try to find loopholes. So I have a warning that we cannot guarantee they'll get the pet, but if they don't get it because of a GUP member then they might go like "omg like you didn't warn me about that." You never know so it's better to write it there and prevent any sort of trouble.

Yes, you should put a small warning about it. There's nothing we can do about it but debate and try to keep any pets we have/transfer safe. Maybe it'll fall apart, maybe it'll just die away, maybe TNT will manage to stop it enough, even though they can't really freeze a ton of members for something tecnically legal. O.O

I think TNT will stop it if they see the mayority of people complaining about it. I think the GUP members just need to stop saying everything they do out loud. I think one of these days they will get "bad" members that will ruin everything for them. For example, one bad person joins and starts to morph the pets then goes to harrass people about it.

well harassing is against the rules so if they are reported those ones will be punished

Yes, if they are gloating "I got your pet! It's a Green Uni now! Hahah!" and continue like that, they can be gotten rid of.

I think this is wrong. The TNT can't do anything about it. Unless they deleted Uni's from exsistence. That would be bad.

I remember reading something along those lines, where one petpage had a list of all the cheapest morphing potions, in case the Green Uni one rose in price. Some of the more dedicated will continue with Green Uni's, but I'm sure most will just switch.