Lab Ray Question

~Xandria

I have a question for anyone who could possibly help me out. I'm going to be buying the lab map probably some time this week. (After I do some shopping around to ensure I'm snagging a good price of course.) Anyways; I do not know if I should get the lab ray for my main account OR create a side account and start zapping pets on there. That way, I could still have my pets I wanted so I can eventually turn them into my dreamies (unless of course I get lucky with the lab ray - in which case I could just transfer them to my main?)

Is this a stupid idea, or do a lot of people do this? I won't have enough money for 2 lab ray maps anytime soon. (Nor do I know if this is even allowed?)

Thank you for any input you are able to give! Also, my account is only 7 months old. Which means I can only do one transfer a month I think. If I create a side account, I don't think you are able to transfer until it's 3 months old. If anyone knows - could they tell me how many transfers you get per the age of your account?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

Posted on the wrong board. Question posted on 'The Lab Rays: What happened today?' board

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Dailies' to 'Neopets Help'.

You can always just wait for your side account to age properly. I have 5 accounts and 4 of them have labs (so yes it's perfectly allowed), so I only keep 1 side account with all permanent pets. The rest I have pets on to zap and adopt out.

Here's a chart to give you an idea of how many transfers you get:

0 - 23 months - 1 transfer

24 - 47 months - 2 transfers

48 - 71 months - 3 transfers

72 - 95 months - 4 transfers

96 - 119 months - 5 transfers

120-143 months - 6 transfers

144+ months - 7 transfers

You're very unlikely to zap a 'dream pet' every month, so I don't think you should worry about 1 transfer a month. I'd just go ahead and make a side account to zap on so you can save up and paint the pets you have on your main :)

Both of you just made really good points. Looks like I'll have to put it on my main, as I'm in need of the avatars. Thanks for bringing that up Taralynne. Also, thank you for your input Rune. I think I will eventually end up having one, two or maybe three lab maps. That sounds like a lot of fun zapping to do. Haha. Oh, are you only allowed to zap one pet per day? Or is it one zap per pet per day?

Thanks!

One zap per account. Unless you buy the Lab Ray Fortune Cookies (from the NC mall). When you open them you get to zap your pet more times (one, two, or three EXTRA times if I remember right) for a week.

http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/cookies/

Scroll down to see the Lab Ray one. :)

Awh, that is unfortunate. :/ Sounds like it's a good idea to have multiple lab maps then. I hope I get rich enough to own a couple soon. :P Thank you for the link Rebecca. I didn't really even know about the fortune cookies (as I don't use neocash at the moment). The game-room cookie sounds awesome! Wish it lasted a bit longer though.