In 1P; 11 icon (price) vs. 13 icon (power)?

I only do 1P battling. 2P battling doesn't really appeal to me and if I really wanted to fight other people, I'd do it in CoD :P So with that in mind, should I go for 13-icon weapons like Ylanas Blaster, AC Throwing Star, etc.? Spending 800K-1 million on one weapon seems a bit overkill; I'd be perfectly fine sticking with my dual Scroll of Knowledge if 13-icon weapons in 1P isn't really that important.

So basically, are 13 icons that much more important than 11 icons in 1P?

I only do 1P battling. 2P battling doesn't really appeal to me and if I really wanted to fight other people, I'd do it in CoD :P So with that in mind, should I go for 13-icon weapons like Ylanas Blaster, AC Throwing Star, etc.? Spending 800K-1 million on one weapon seems a bit overkill; I'd be perfectly fine sticking with my dual Scroll of Knowledge if 13-icon weapons in 1P isn't really that important.

So basically, are 13 icons that much more important than 11 icons in 1P?

Well, if you have a high amount of stats, it is worth it. Especially with the noosts, 1 icon can make a difference. When I had Scroll of Knowledge, I lost many fights with the opponent have >5 HP

All in all, it depends how much you value battling. Scroll of Knowledge x2 is generally enough in terms of offensive power if you're just a casual battler, but you might want better weapons if you were more serious about the battling. Something worth noting either way is that Prickly Potion or Voidberry Potion would become better if your opponent's strength boost caused each of their icons to do more than twice the damage of each of yours, so they are definitely worth investing in.

Basically, get dual prickly potion or voidberry potion because they're incredibly useful against stronger opponents and in plots (I use them against stronger opponents despite having 10,000,00NP constants) and only upgrade your 11-iconers to 13-iconers if you think you'd rather spend the NP you have on weapons that will slightly improve how your pet does in the battledome than anything else you could spend it on.

Hmm is a scroll of knowledge a 11 icon weapon? I keep reading that it's an 8 icon weapon. I'm not sure whether I should switch my 2x golden compasses to these or not.

Edit: Oh I just found out they were updated to 11 icons! That's great! It's much cheaper then my golden compass and now I do more damage! Went from 147 to 179 damage to inflatable balthazar!