Anyone still have a stuffed animal they'd run into a burning building for?

RenegadeCatastrophe

Because I do. Her name is Poke and she's had that keyring bracelet for YEARS. I got her at a BJ's with my dad in New Jersey (which was... when I was like... 13ish so 8 years ago). :3 I can be a total child sometimes haha.

That's Moose in the background by the way. He likes to photobomb everything.

gYGcn.jpg

I still have stuffed animals from my childhood, but I doubt I'd run into a burning building for anything, really. However I have half my stuff at each parents house so it wouldn't be too bad I guess.

I'd probably take my laptop with me if the house ever caught fire though. :T

Poke and Moose are cute! :)

Yep! Mine is Mister Teddy. My grandfather gave him to me at my first Christmas- so I was all of a month old. He was bigger than I was at the time. ^_^ My grandfather hugged all the teddy bears at the store to find the best one. :D

He's so worn now- I kind of want to give him a wash (cause, you know, he's almost 23 years old now. o_O), but I'm afraid he would just disintegrate completely.

9te4qw.jpg

My grandfather was my favourite family member- he was the one that fostered my love of history and science fiction, and I think that he moulded me more into who I am now than any other person in my family. He died when I was 14, and I am still gutted about it- even though it's been 8 and a half years. I don't know if there is anything else I would go back for, but the idea of living a life without any momentoes of my grandfather just kills me inside.

:O Rebecca! He's so cute!!! My sister has a bear that's 30 years old (as old as she is) just wash it on gentle and dry it on gentle and he'll be fine. =) I promise. Oogles (her bear) has had to have some battle scars repaired but he's still in one piece. We can't say the same for her 30 year old blanket that is in shreds (she has some vaccum sealed for safe keeping) but, you can only win some battles.

OMG! Your dog is so precious!

Yes, it's not entirely a stuffed animal but it's my dogs old favourite squeaker toy. It's like a turkey. He died over a year ago and it still smells like him. <3

Mr. Teddy looks very soft and cuddly, Rebecca :D

Aww ; ; I don't know what I would do without Moose... although he's infinitely more adorable when my cat Plague cuddles him or when he's cold and snuggled in my blankets (pictures below :P ).

DhNMo.jpg

ehwji.jpg

I'm just starting to realize that my bed is seriously colorful lol.

Mine has similar significance to me as that of Rebecca. It would be the softest white bear my grandfather gave to me when I was first born, and who has passed away since.

In all honesty, I doubt I'd run into a burning house to save a stuffed animal, but if I were it would be for that one.

I don't think there's anything I'd run into a burning building for :P , but the oldest stuffed animal I have that wasn't passed down to my sisters is DeadCat (he never really had a name and has since earned that one due to his haggard appearance). I got him for my 4th birthday, about 17 years ago.

He's one of those cats that has marbles in it's head to sound like it's purring; his body used to be puffy but he has deflated quite a bit, and his fur used to be much closer to the colour of Simba from the Lion King, and some of it is missing lol.

deadcat.jpg

Honestly, I would have never known that was a cat. XD That thing is kinda scary but amazing. My roommate has a lambchop that looks like demon spawn. When he gets home, I'll ask him where it is so I can take a picture of it and show you guys. Its this creepy puppet thing...

:O Rebecca! He's so cute!!! My sister has a bear that's 30 years old (as old as she is) just wash it on gentle and dry it on gentle and he'll be fine. =) I promise. Oogles (her bear) has had to have some battle scars repaired but he's still in one piece. We can't say the same for her 30 year old blanket that is in shreds (she has some vaccum sealed for safe keeping) but, you can only win some battles.

Aww, thanks! <3 I love him. Hmm, I should give that a try! But... he's SO WORN. D:

2yn5d8x.jpg

No exageration. LOL.

I have to give it a try though- he's starting to smell musty, haha.

Mr. Teddy looks very soft and cuddly, Rebecca :D

:D He is. -cuddles- So much of his stuffing has deflated though, so he's really floppy now, haha.

Aww, thanks! <3 I love him. Hmm, I should give that a try! But... he's SO WORN. D:

No exageration. LOL.

I have to give it a try though- he's starting to smell musty, haha.

http://www.tabbyplush.com/store/Clean_Stuffed_Animals.php

There ya go, sweetie. That might help you out on how to clean him. It would be really sad if he got ruined but that should help you out.

http://www.tabbyplus...fed_Animals.php

There ya go, sweetie. That might help you out on how to clean him. It would be really sad if he got ruined but that should help you out.

Ahh, thank you! That's fantastic advice. :D Putting him in a pillowcase should make it safer- I've always been worried about the agitation of a washing machine, even on gentle. That should help though. :D

ridhtl.jpg

That's my kitty Chesha. (Not a stuffed animal, I know - but certainly something I'd run into a burning building for. xD I kinda stole her name from the Cheshire cat from alice in wonderland, but Chesha sounded more female and seems to fit her fine. ^^ I just got her two weeks ago! She's so wittle. I found her as my boyfriend and I were walking to the store. She was meowing loudly in a ditch near us and was hurt. Took her to the vet and she's all better now. I've fallen in love with her!

Other than that, I do have stuffed animals I'd run into a burning building for. Especially my build-a-bear collection. I just love build a bears. xD I have one that my uncle bought for me when I was 11, he passed away the day after that. It's something I cherish forever now. Especially since he recorded his voice on it to say 'I love you' when you press it's paw. *sniffles.*

Yep! Mine is Mister Teddy. My grandfather gave him to me at my first Christmas- so I was all of a month old. He was bigger than I was at the time. ^_^ My grandfather hugged all the teddy bears at the store to find the best one. :D

He's so worn now- I kind of want to give him a wash (cause, you know, he's almost 23 years old now. o_O), but I'm afraid he would just disintegrate completely.

9te4qw.jpg

My grandfather was my favourite family member- he was the one that fostered my love of history and science fiction, and I think that he moulded me more into who I am now than any other person in my family. He died when I was 14, and I am still gutted about it- even though it's been 8 and a half years. I don't know if there is anything else I would go back for, but the idea of living a life without any momentoes of my grandfather just kills me inside.

Ah, Rebecca. I feel for you honey. My Uncle practically raised me. He was the only one in my family who encouraged me to follow my dreams. He died when I was 11, way too young. He was about to become a doctor too. He was so very smart and could have taught me much more, I am sure of that. I loved him to death and to this day I still sometimes cry at night because he can't be here to see how I've changed. (He was gay - but would never admit it) I feel like if he was still here, he would feel comfortable by now to come out. My grandma (his mother) told him she would disown him if he was gay, so he always kept it a secret. Even as a young child, I knew... and I wanted so badly to tell him it was okay. Breaks my heart that he went through that.

Sorry, this is off topic a bit. Your post just reminded me is all, which is what made me bring him up in the first place. Loss is a terrible thing. I'm very sorry about your grandfather.

I love build-a-bears! I want another one. I have two but they kind of got destroyed during my crazy moving around time :/

I do too. I have built up a collection of 43 so far. I know that seems wild. Lol. I have one themed for every holiday. My boyfriend added the 43rd one to my collection last valentines day by getting me a valentines bunny. ^^ The other ones I have are limited edition ones that help raise money for animals that are near extinction. So it's a good cause and I get my cute-stuffed-animals fix. I know 19 year old's don't normally spend there money on build-a-bears or play neopets for that matter. xD I get weird looks in there, but ah well.

I'm 21 and got my first one with my 30 year old sister... so don't you EVER worry about being too old. You're not. You're beautiful and amazing and everyone else is too serious. =)

I know, right?! I like bringing out my inner child every now and then. I forgot to mention how cute your little stuffed animal is. It looks so familiar. By that I mean, is it a beanie baby plushie? I know they used to have those and I have some that look exactly like that except different species. They are oh so soft. <3

I know, right?! I like bringing out my inner child every now and then. I forgot to mention how cute your little stuffed animal is. It looks so familiar. By that I mean, is it a beanie baby plushie? I know they used to have those and I have some that look exactly like that except different species. They are oh so soft. <3

:O! IT IS A TY PLUSHIE! What species do you have??? I'm so jealous. ; ; I want more... Poke is my absolute favorite thing in the entire world.

:O! IT IS A TY PLUSHIE! What species do you have??? I'm so jealous. ; ; I want more... Poke is my absolute favorite thing in the entire world.

I have a hippo, giraffe, moose, lamb, and polar bear. Those last two are my favorites. I'd love to have more but they are oh so expensive. My boyfriend bought me 9 build-a-bears for xmas last year. :wub_anim: & Then gave me a gift certificate to make the 10th one on my own. I was exstatic, haha. I'm a huge fan of plushies and the like, but I'm running out of places to keep them all in this tiny apartment. So I probably need to ask for something else this year, something I actually NEED. Haha.

I just posted on FB about the Pluffies. There's a Pluffie named Trickery and I'm basically begging someone to buy it for my birthday in a month. Its a black and orange cat with polka dots... like four things I love in ONE stuffed animal. Its amazing. haha

PL_trickery.jpg

I just posted on FB about the Pluffies. There's a Pluffie named Trickery and I'm basically begging someone to buy it for my birthday in a month. Its a black and orange cat with polka dots... like four things I love in ONE stuffed animal. Its amazing. haha

PL_trickery.jpg

Awh, it's so so so perfect for halloween! How much is it? Just TOO cute. <3

I have stuffed animal when i was small i had like a millions of them i had tutrles bears fishes and lots more but I do have a VERY BIG plushie i still have its still cuddly can fat lol^^ I got it as a present for my B-Day so i would run into a firey build i have no idea where they got it from which makes it more Vauble!