Need to Rant

Novelista

Okay, I see by the KQ thread here that I was not only in the wrong for calling this user a "snarky little twit", but probably harassing her by pointing out her shortcomings. (And therefore doubly deserved my warning.) Anyway, I just want to share what I put into a trouble ticket with sympathetic eyes (ears), since it now looks like TNT won't give a flying Korbat.

I recognize it was inappropriate to call {user} a "snarky little twit" in accordance with the rules. However, if I am not allowed to call her names, she shouldn't be allowed to be condescending to other users in her profile. "Do not message me about a offer I made on YOUR trade. Accept or reject it like the big girl/boy you are." Is that not tantamount to insulting others? Suggesting that a user is childish because they don't comply with her wishes is in my book; I hope you do not hold a double standard in this respect. (She also called me childish for complaining about something on a site where children play. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, to me.)

I also hope you realize that--despite what I called her--I was taking the time to point out that she will not get very far professionally with an attitude like hers. She said she was "doing just fine" in nursing school, but I believe someone needs to point out to her that she will not do very well outside of school if she keeps this up.

(Thank you for listening to my rant.)

Am I just trying to rationalize this away, or am I in the right for thinking that despite my disregard for the site rules, the user was reacting in a juvenile fashion to my pointing out that she's not going to get very far in life by belittling others? (By the way...she says on her profile that she's 19. I guess if she gets her jollies from insulting people nearly a decade older than she is, more power to her...but karma will chew her up like a hungry Chomby when she gets into the real world.)

People are rude. It's usually easier to not bother wasting your time on them. Block them and go on with your day.

She blocked me, so same difference. *shrug* (I just felt like ranting 'cause I got warned.)

I think I've learned my lesson, though...I think next time, I'll check the profile of those who I attempt to trade with, so I don't do business with nasty people.

Thanks for listening. ^_^

Did you initiate communications with this person? If so, that's probably a bad move, since you were addressing her directly, where she just put a message on her profile (however obnoxious it is). There's a difference between aiming your comments at a specific person and talking to any random person who happen to view your message. That's not to say she didn't deserve it, but within the rules, you're the instigator. It pains me to say it, because I detest those condescending types.

I'm not sure TNT will do anything, but I guess it's worth a try. I can see why you got your warning, but I can also see that she's being condescending and hopefully it won't be overlooked. Unfortunately many people are rude when it comes to trading and with the "rules" they set out for other users, and I don't think there's usually much done about it.

But, as you said, she probably won't get too far with an attitude like that so I'm sure she'll learn in time whether she gets a warning or not. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Did you initiate communications with this person?

I didn't realize that I'd forgotten to include an abbreviated version of my story until I read this email this morning. Sorry!

I wanted "X" from (let's call her "Patty") in the TP. In the "wishlist", Patty said she wanted 130k, no overpriced sellers/resellers, etc. I gave her exactly what she wanted and she rejected me. Confused, I followed up with a neomail saying, "You wanted 130k. I gave you 130k. You asked for no sellers/resellers. I'm not a reseller--I want X for {purpose}. Could you please tell me what I failed to do?" Only then did I read her profile and get a whiff of her attitude, so that's when I sent her the neomail to that effect.

That's not to say she didn't deserve it, but within the rules, you're the instigator. It pains me to say it, because I detest those condescending types.

Yeah, I know. That's basically what I said after reading the KQ post. But those things happen.

I'm not sure TNT will do anything, but I guess it's worth a try. I can see why you got your warning, but I can also see that she's being condescending and hopefully it won't be overlooked. Unfortunately many people are rude when it comes to trading and with the "rules" they set out for other users, and I don't think there's usually much done about it.

But, as you said, she probably won't get too far with an attitude like that so I'm sure she'll learn in time whether she gets a warning or not. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Oh, I don't expect them to do much, if anything at all...but like I said, I hope they're not holding people to a double standard. (I know the warnings are pretty much automated, so there's a chance that they had no clue in the world what was going on, but anyway...)

You're exactly right about people and their "rules". I mentioned the situation to my "second mother" and she pointed out that some people are just like that...they want you to bow down and kiss their hand and tell them how wonderful they are before they'll even consider doing something for you.

And I'm not worried, either. As I pointed out to "Mom", the only way you can get away with a nasty attitude like that is if you own your own business--and even then, you'll suffer. My last boss (owner of her own restaurant) was very tetchy with employees and customers alike. In the fourteen weeks I was there, she lost eight employees (me included). Some walked out because they couldn't stand the kitchen manager (her brother-in-law, no less), but most left because they couldn't stand her anymore. I'm sure Patty will one day find herself in a similar situation--especially if she tries to sass the doctors like that!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say it, but this sounds pretty childish on BOTH ends to me. No offense at all. It's just - I mean... why bother? It's the internet - of course there is going to be rude people. Don't let them get you all riled up.

EDIT: Just realized I'm a bit late to reply to this thread. It was kinda high up on the thread list so I didn't know. My apologies.

lol, people are so rude. you just gotta let them go. i especially hate the people who make all these "rules" about their trades, and then expect people to read them. its liek, youre the one selling, you should take the time to tell us, not expect us to navigate through to your petpage and read your 50 pg rules list