How do you trade NC Mall items?

Dynohawk

You trade using Gift Boxes with you get either from redeeming Neo Cash Cards or by buying Gift Box Capsules, which are currently in stock c:

The ones in stock right now are called Harvest Apple Gift Box Mystery Capsule and look like this:

mall_gbmc_apple.gif

leso_star.gifHarvest Apple Gift Box Mystery Capsule

200 NC

neocart_icon.jpgAdd to cart

If the person you wish to trade with is asking for a GBC, the above is what they're referring to (I only add this because the first time I saw that particular abbreviation, I didn't know what it meant :P)

You'd have to buy two capsules since you'd have to open one to get a basic gift box, which you would then use to send the other capsule to him in. Did that make sense? o.O

Once you've opened a capsule you will be 'rewarded' with one basic gift box and one or two bonus items. You would have to use the gift box from the capsule to gift your trader the other capsule.

He'd use a box of his or the capsule you sent him to send you the cape.

mall_giftbox_basic.gif

^ Basic gift box.

The capsule, at least. I don't think you can gift a box per se. And yes, you'd have to trust him. But TNT has stated in an editorial that not following through on a trade (i.e. not sending you the promised item, but accepting the one you sent him) is considered scamming and can be reported. You could ask him not to open the item you sent him before he's sent you the cape.

What cape is it?

gift box capsules can give you between 1-5 boxes, but you'll always get at least 1 box. (and junk, but i like some of the junk)

if you are concerned about scamming by people not sending their items (its rare but it happens) get a confirmation via neomail (its easier to save and keep than a board) and save the neomail. just be aware if you are newer to trading, negotiating trades via neomail only have a higher risk of people taking advantage of you being new, this is not scamming by TNT's definition as they do not "value" NC trading, and if you agreed to the trade, then its considered ok by TNT. the way to avoid this is by checking the current trading "value" of the items involved using a fair trade board on the NC chat board.

TNT will generally (not always) fix trades if you have some kind of proof they didn't hold up to their end. it can take a while though but can also be fast, depends how complex the trade was. depending on the situation, it varies when people report. people can have computer issues/RL issues, mostly people won't report straight away but try and figure whats going on first.

NC trading is peculiar, generally there is also an order to which people will accept their trade as well, most people follow this but not everyone, there is some logic behind it (it reduces the risk of incorrect items being sent to incorrect accounts etc) in that trader 1 (either) sends their item, trader 2 sends their item then trader both traders check their items then accept. thats my your trader is being clear they have to accept the cap first.

rejecting items sent to incorrect accounts will send back the box and the item to the sending trader, you do not lose a box. you can open the box and check whats in in, and reject and the box will go back, its only when you accept the item the box disappears.

its happened before that people will accept their end of a trade, and the other trader finds out they were discussing a different item, people can send the wrong items by mistake, or using shortened versions of the name also causes confusion.

Nutty is commonly considered to be referring to the nutcracker facepaint but it can refer to any of 6 or so items from that NC super pack. ToT BG can mean either trick or treat background or Tunnel of Trees background, which look very different and have very different "values"

for a list of some of the guides out there with NC trading you can try http://www.neopets.com/~Erum or just ask here if you have any questions about trading, or the NC chat :)

good luck with your trade! its for the mysterious cape and cowl right? if its only for a GBC (gift box capsule) thats a good trade for you :D congrats! :D

Wow thanks so much for the indepth guide! Very helpful.

This person seems to want Gift Boxes, so I assume I can send these to him in the gift boxes I get from opening a capsual? He's pretty new to NCMall as well, think he's as confused as me!

Edit - All gone well, I got my Cape!!! Seaseria looks awesome.

This person seems to want Gift Boxes, so I assume I can send these to him in the gift boxes I get from opening a capsual? He's pretty new to NCMall as well, think he's as confused as me!

Does he ever! Congrats on getting it- and for such a cheap 'price'! :D