Yay for passing the audition!

November_Scorpio

A few days ago I auditioned for my local youth symphony.It is one of the best in the sate. Today I found out I not only made it in, but I made it in to the top group! :woot: I'll go on tours, and play "professional" symphony music. I literally did a happy dance when I found out.

Congratulations!! Joining a youth orchestra was the best decision of my young musical life back in the day ^_^

Do you know any specific repertoire you're playing this season?

Thanks so much for all the congrats!

Congratulations!! Joining a youth orchestra was the best decision of my young musical life back in the day ^_^

Do you know any specific repertoire you're playing this season?

I do not know any specifics yet, but if you go on youtube and search UVYSO Philharmonia you should be able to find some from last year that they did.

Congratulations!! Is that something you're hoping to do professionally? Because it sounds like this opportunity is a great stepping stone for a future career :)

This is something that I do want to do professionally one day :)

Congratulations! That is so amazing! What instrument do you play?

In the Youth Symphony Orchestra, I'll be playing the viola.

That's exciting, congrats! :D What instrument are you going to play? I gather from your interests that you play multiple instruments. Or at least you like multiple instruments :P

I do play multiple instruments! Violin, Viola, and piano.

Congrats c: It even sounds awesome!

(And I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano - it looks so incredibly graceful!)

Ahhh that's great!! Congratulations hun, that must be such a wonderful feeling ^^

Thanks for all the congrats again! It means a lot!

On another note, I do now know some of the pieces we are playing. They are: Themes from Hook, Overture from Creatures of Prometheus, The Andalucia Suite, English Folk Songs, a piece by the Boston Pops (I'm forgetting the name), Love Duet, possibly The Carnival of Animals, and some others that they haven't told us about yet.

Once again, thanks for all the congrats!