Suggestions for the forum.

~Xandria

Hello mods and members! I don't know if this is already a thread, or if this is allowed, or if it's in the wrong section. If so, please delete. If not, I was hoping we could start a thread about suggestions for the forums. I have one myself and I'm sure other members would have some great input.

Let me start with mine. I think there should be a way for us to address people in forums without having to scroll the page looking for them. I have seen this implented in other forums, and it works well. It shows up as an update just like a private message would when someone replies to a comment or question. This works well if it's an especially active forum and it's hard to keep up. I've seen other forums use the @ method. Which means you just type @(username here) and it will post a direct link to there page as well as informing them of your reply.

Please give this some consideration. Questions, comments? I hope this was an appropriate thread.

:)

I don't know if that's even possible to do something like that within IPB framework...

I do know however that you can "follow" topics and entire forums too. You can also manage your notification preferences here.

Hello mods and members! I don't know if this is already a thread, or if this is allowed, or if it's in the wrong section. If so, please delete. If not, I was hoping we could start a thread about suggestions for the forums. I have one myself and I'm sure other members would have some great input.

Let me start with mine. I think there should be a way for us to address people in forums without having to scroll the page looking for them. I have seen this implented in other forums, and it works well. It shows up as an update just like a private message would when someone replies to a comment or question. This works well if it's an especially active forum and it's hard to keep up. I've seen other forums use the @ method. Which means you just type @(username here) and it will post a direct link to there page as well as informing them of your reply.

Please give this some consideration. Questions, comments? I hope this was an appropriate thread.

:)

Do you mean like quoting? I have my notifications set up so I get a notification when someone quotes me...

Do you mean like quoting? I have my notifications set up so I get a notification when someone quotes me...

I think that's exactly what they're talking about, and OMG THANK YOU. :laughingsmiley: I don't think I've ever gone through notification options and so I never realized you could get notified when someone quotes your posts. That's wonderful.

I think that's exactly what they're talking about, and OMG THANK YOU. :laughingsmiley: I don't think I've ever gone through notification options and so I never realized you could get notified when someone quotes your posts. That's wonderful.

Haha, isn't it? I have basically all the notification options to on, so I end up with lots of notifications, but at least I don't miss anything. XD You're totally welcome. :)