Oh why hellooo there

Asparaqus

Hi there!

I'm Anna and I go by asparaqus on Neopets. Asparaqus is a 33 month old account but I've been playing Neopets on and off since 2001. When I came back from an especially long hiatus so many things had changed that I wanted to start anew, and I thought an asparagus/Number Six themed account would be fun. :D

On Neopets I have to keep a petpage portfolio thing to keep track of my goals/my neolife, so if you really want to know more about me and what I'm doing on Neopets you can look at http://www.neopets.com/~asparaqus

I love video games (especially first person shooters, I'm getting a new PC in a month JUST so I can play BF3 lol!), and cooking, and too many creative hobbies to count. Right now I'm working on learning how to design and develop Wordpress themes from scratch. Coding on Neopets is my hideaway from the serious coding! D:

Anywho I'm on a serious mission to improve my account (I'm a bit poo at this game really, despite playing so long. 193 avatars, no proper trophies, no battledome pet.. etc) and since TDN has always been my one-stop for dailies and avatar solutions, I thought why not join the forum!

If nothing else, I'm sure I'll find people who love me anyway even though most of my pets are nekkid. :(

Cheers! xx

P.S. I promise I'm not here for the negg solutions. I think the puzzles are easy as pie! ;D

Hi Anna, I'm Erika c:

Haha, I seriously think you are awesome already (despite your nekkid pets) - you had me at FPS! c;

Anyway, back to the mission at hand: Welcome to TDNF! You've definitely come to the right place no matter what it is that you seek - be it ways to improve your account or make lots of amazing new friends c:

I hope I'll see you around c:

I'm Alyssa but I usually go by Lala. Hi! I'm new to the forums as well, been playing NeoPets on and off since...2005, I believe. My current account is a relatively new one, and it's not well rounded either. I've got a few pets whose colours I really like, but I don't have any trophies or BD wins, and barely any avatars based on how many most people around here have.

Anyway, hi! C:

HI there, and welcome! :D -offers cookies- Your lookup is super cute. :D I'm a sucker for asparagus, haha

Hello Anna and welcome to the forums!

I felt in love with Asparaqus page, it is a wonderful work! (just imagining how many coding it must require... :mellow:)

I hope you get your dreamies soon!

Nice asparagus gallery!

Thank you very muchly for the welcomes all!

@Lala: Best of luck with working on your account then! The few dreamies I have are mostly because of good NFs or luck. x) The only one I've worked for almost 100% myself is my baby kau, and 600k isn't that much to save up! And I know what you mean about the avatars. My gosh the people with 300+ are crazy! I'm envious!

@dummydumpty: Hehe thanks! And yeah the portfolio is a lifesaver. It keeps me focused, makes playing Neopets a bit more streamline. It's a part of being in the guild I'm in, it's goal-oriented. In fact it was the first goal oriented guild on Neopets, and its popularity in the past couple years is why there's so many goal-oriented ones now. o:

@Rebecca: Funnily enough I have never eaten asparagus! :D I just love the inside joke on Neopets about Adam and asparagus. I miss the good old days when Neopets first started, so it was a bit of a nostalgic theme choice.

@sara1elo: Thanks! Yes, it required a LOT of coding! I made it all from scratch myself, no premade at all, so it took me a week of coding every day for a couple hours to get everything perfect. x) But I enjoy coding, so it was fun!

Hello Anna, welcome to the forums! As you can see, everyone's really friendly here.

I'm Red and no worries, I'm worse! (Consider me a 10-year veteran account noob.)

I love your distinct asparagus-y page, very unique and adorable. And I like how everything is so orderly and neat, you keep a good organized chronicle!

Wish you all the best with your goals and I look forward to getting to know you better! :>

Red, thanks!

I wish I had known how friendly it was here earlier! I actually made the account for the forums a year ago but after registering I never ended up using it, whoops!

Veteran account noob, I like it, haha. ;)

And thanks, the organization got a lot of thought put into it. There's so much to try to keep track of. >< But the work is done now, so now it can just be the tool I need it to be.

See you around!

Thank you very muchly for the welcomes all!

@Lala: Best of luck with working on your account then! The few dreamies I have are mostly because of good NFs or luck. x) The only one I've worked for almost 100% myself is my baby kau, and 600k isn't that much to save up! And I know what you mean about the avatars. My gosh the people with 300+ are crazy! I'm envious!

@dummydumpty: Hehe thanks! And yeah the portfolio is a lifesaver. It keeps me focused, makes playing Neopets a bit more streamline. It's a part of being in the guild I'm in, it's goal-oriented. In fact it was the first goal oriented guild on Neopets, and its popularity in the past couple years is why there's so many goal-oriented ones now. o:

@Rebecca: Funnily enough I have never eaten asparagus! :D I just love the inside joke on Neopets about Adam and asparagus. I miss the good old days when Neopets first started, so it was a bit of a nostalgic theme choice.

@sara1elo: Thanks! Yes, it required a LOT of coding! I made it all from scratch myself, no premade at all, so it took me a week of coding every day for a couple hours to get everything perfect. x) But I enjoy coding, so it was fun!

:O You've never had asparagus? Oh, you are missing out! It's my favourite vegetable!

But yeah, Adam used to be so cute about his asparagus. :3 I miss them!

Yeah I've heard that from quite a few people! But I dunno, it's just never happened. :D I keep forgetting about it until someone asks if I love asparagus because of my neo account. xD

I miss Adam and Donna, too. Did you know they got married a couple years back? Hah, how cute!

Yeah I've heard that from quite a few people! But I dunno, it's just never happened. :D I keep forgetting about it until someone asks if I love asparagus because of my neo account. xD

I miss Adam and Donna, too. Did you know they got married a couple years back? Hah, how cute!

You should march down to the grocery store and get some. Yum! Heh. :D

Aww, I know! How adorable. :D

Asparagus is really good if you cook it right.

One of my top veggies. ^_^

I'm jealous of your coding skill now that I actually took the time and looked at your petpage! I used to be able to do some simple coding, but I've lost most of that skill since I didn't keep up with it when I went to school. D:

Rebecca, I might! I'm actually going on a Friday date with my husband tomorrow so maybe I'll see if there's any asparagus on the menu. :O

Lala, thanks! I learned HTML when I was 8 BECAUSE of Neopets, haha. xD I never made any petpages then but the interest stayed. I love coding. I keep meaning to start a premade/requests site on Neopets but it just hasn't happened because of life, I suppose. And it seems like having a site like that ends up being such a drama with mean Neopians not crediting and stealing and stuff. :(

I'm sure if you coded a bit again you'd pick it back up! Editing premades a little bit is a good way to ease back into the game. :D

Rebecca, I might! I'm actually going on a Friday date with my husband tomorrow so maybe I'll see if there's any asparagus on the menu. :O

Lala, thanks! I learned HTML when I was 8 BECAUSE of Neopets, haha. xD I never made any petpages then but the interest stayed. I love coding. I keep meaning to start a premade/requests site on Neopets but it just hasn't happened because of life, I suppose. And it seems like having a site like that ends up being such a drama with mean Neopians not crediting and stealing and stuff. :(

I'm sure if you coded a bit again you'd pick it back up! Editing premades a little bit is a good way to ease back into the game. :D

-thumbs up- Hopefully you like it! Otherwise that would be awkward, lol ;)

And oh wow, I just went and took a look at that petpage. Wow. I am seriously impressed! I learned some coding back when I was young because of Neopets, but it certainly hasn't stuck, lol.

Lala, the petpage Apartment Nine is the best one I know of for coding tips and layout stuff on Neopets, plus it has lots of links to other coding/css/sitemaking related pages. That, combined with w3schools or something similar will get you going in no time. :)

Rebecca, thanks! Yeah, I don't know really why coding stuck with me. I even tried desktop programming but it doesn't give such pretty results as easily so I lost interest. xD But hey, I suppose we all grow out of things we did as kids. I lost interest in coding for a long time but then I discovered CSS and its awesomeness!

And I'm sure I'll love it, I'm not very picky when it comes to food. Once I've tasted it I'll start seeing if I can cook it, too. :D I love cooking. :)

Welcome to TDN Anna; name's Dave! Great to see you're already posting around here! Battlefield is meh, not my type of FPS (CoD is my kind of thing).

Hi and welcome, Anna! Your portfolio is amazing - I actually went through and looked at all of your pages like a stalker. :) Hehe. What a cute theme and what a great way to keep track of all of your NP goals! I'm so terribly disorganized myself, I start projects and get sidetracked by other projects. Honestly, I did the same thing with TDN Forums, I joined years ago but only started posting regularly here recently. And now, I'm craving asparagus.

Thanks for the welcomes!

@Dave, I play CoD too but after BF3 I'm more of a Battlefield fan. Having dedicated servers changes gameplay so much. It makes it so much more level instead of kills/deaths being about lag half the time! But I hate the vehicles and stuff. I play on small maps so it's more like CoD. ;)

@Zombiiesque, hehe thanks! I don't mind stalkers. :) I had the same problem, which is why I started the portfolio. x)

Yay for asparagus!

Lala, the petpage Apartment Nine is the best one I know of for coding tips and layout stuff on Neopets, plus it has lots of links to other coding/css/sitemaking related pages. That, combined with w3schools or something similar will get you going in no time. :)

Rebecca, thanks! Yeah, I don't know really why coding stuck with me. I even tried desktop programming but it doesn't give such pretty results as easily so I lost interest. xD But hey, I suppose we all grow out of things we did as kids. I lost interest in coding for a long time but then I discovered CSS and its awesomeness!

And I'm sure I'll love it, I'm not very picky when it comes to food. Once I've tasted it I'll start seeing if I can cook it, too. :D I love cooking. :)

It's suuuuuper easy to cook. :) I don't really like cooking, and I'm not very good at it (I like baking- mix it, stick it in the oven, and set a timer. That's my thing, lol), but I can do asparagus. :) I like steaming it, and then adding a lot of pepper (because I add pepper to eeeeeverything). It's also really nice grilled with some spices on it. :) I also add it to curry sauces for a bit of colour and crunch. :)