Help with updating my BD set?

Like many other people, it seems, I want to work on updating my set before a war comes around. As of right now, most of my set needs to be upgraded, and I have some ideas, but I'm just not sure. :(

Jezebel helped me out a bit with some suggestions, but I like have lots of input- I look through the Battlepedia and kind of get overwhelmed! :P

As of right now, I have:

Ramtors Spellbook

Scuzzys Comb

Lesser Healing Scroll

Hanso Charisma Charm

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Kelpbeards Trident

Scroll of Knowledge

I wanted to replace the healing scroll with a Squishy Shoyru Healing Stone, and I want to add in Downsize!. I was also thinking of picking up an anagram sword, but I'm just not sure which one. :/ But really, aside from the Trident, HCC, and the Freeze Ray (assuming that gets fixed >.>) everything is pretty low-level, and needs to be replaced.

Like many other people, it seems, I want to work on updating my set before a war comes around. As of right now, most of my set needs to be upgraded, and I have some ideas, but I'm just not sure. :(

Jezebel helped me out a bit with some suggestions, but I like have lots of input- I look through the Battlepedia and kind of get overwhelmed! :P

As of right now, I have:

Ramtors Spellbook

Scuzzys Comb

Lesser Healing Scroll

Hanso Charisma Charm

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Kelpbeards Trident

Scroll of Knowledge

I wanted to replace the healing scroll with a Squishy Shoyru Healing Stone, and I want to add in Downsize!. I was also thinking of picking up an anagram sword, but I'm just not sure which one. :/ But really, aside from the Trident, HCC, and the Freeze Ray (assuming that gets fixed >.>) everything is pretty low-level, and needs to be replaced.

I think you should replace one of your constants with Ylanas Blaster, I heard its a great 13 iconer. I would recommend a Thick Smoke Bomb rather than a Downsize since Downsize does 50%. It might me One Time Use, but it blocks all, and if you get Ylanas Blaster, that would be one hit without the opponent doing anything.

10K for one use is a bit pricey, I'd rather have Downsize. Even if Thick Smoke Bomb blocks all icons, it's 10K for one usage. But then again, you're thinking about adding a Squishy Shoyru Healing Stone, so maybe expenses isn't a worry for you :P

I second Ylanas Blaster, just got one and I'm pretty happy with it!

I'm looking into a Bow of Destiny as well, not sure what others opinions are on that?

I agree with you about the Battlepedia being overwhelming!

10K for one use is a bit pricey, I'd rather have Downsize. Even if Thick Smoke Bomb blocks all icons, it's 10K for one usage. But then again, you're thinking about adding a Squishy Shoyru Healing Stone, so maybe expenses isn't a worry for you :P

Heh, well, I do have a fair amount of NP to play with. According to the Battlepedia the SSHS is about 2-4 mill, but I can't find one for sale... I'm guessing that I'll have to pay a fair bit more than that? Are there any other healers that you would recommend?

I like the idea of the Thick Smoke Bomb, but I think I would only pull it out for battle where I was kind of outmatched. I hate paying for one use items, lol.

I think you should replace one of your constants with Ylanas Blaster, I heard its a great 13 iconer. I would recommend a Thick Smoke Bomb rather than a Downsize since Downsize does 50%. It might me One Time Use, but it blocks all, and if you get Ylanas Blaster, that would be one hit without the opponent doing anything.

-nods- I have thought about the Ylanas Blaster... I would prefer to get Downsize for a constant in my set though, and just pick up a Thick Smoke Bomb for when the battles are tight.

RSB and SC shouldn't be needed on your budget :P You can buy a Parasol of Unfortunate Demise and Downsize! in addition to SSHS. You may want to get a SoThare or SoReif to replace SoK.

Hahah, yeah, those two definitely needed to be upgraded. XD

Of those two swords, which one would you recommend more?

I second Ylanas Blaster, just got one and I'm pretty happy with it!

I'm looking into a Bow of Destiny as well, not sure what others opinions are on that?

I agree with you about the Battlepedia being overwhelming!

It's just SO MUCH information! LOL.

I've kind of thought about the Ylanas Blaster! I'm glad it's working out for you. :D

Hahah, yeah, those two definitely needed to be upgraded. XD

Of those two swords, which one would you recommend more?

It depends on whether you are fighting 1-P or 2-P. :P

I'm assuming you are 1-P focused (you mentioned war/plot in your original post) so it really doesn't matter. Skarls Hasty Mace may suit you well too since Luck and Chance isn't too bad in 1-P :P

I would probably suggest upgrading that healing scroll to a Greater Healing Scroll ;)

If your HP isn't at 50 (which it should be...) you should spend on training up your pet more so that your weapons are more effective :)

It depends on whether you are fighting 1-P or 2-P. :P

I'm assuming you are 1-P focused (you mentioned war/plot in your original post) so it really doesn't matter. Skarls Hasty Mace may suit you well too since Luck and Chance isn't too bad in 1-P :P

Definitely 1-P. I don't have much interest in 2-P at all. I'm all about the avatars and trophies, haha.

I would probably suggest upgrading that healing scroll to a Greater Healing Scroll ;)

If your HP isn't at 50 (which it should be...) you should spend on training up your pet more so that your weapons are more effective :)

I'm definitely above 50. My battle pet is currently at about 150 Health/Strength, and 100 Defence. I figured that the SSHS would be better since it heals 50% (at the moment that would be 75 HP, and would only get better as my pet gets stronger) rather than just 50 points. But my healer definitely needs to be upgraded, period.

SSHS is quite expensive. If you want a healer just for right now, Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic may be fine for you. If you can meet the INT requirement, Crisp Blue Tunic is deadly at intermediate level battling.

SSHS is quite expensive. If you want a healer just for right now, Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic may be fine for you. If you can meet the INT requirement, Crisp Blue Tunic is deadly at intermediate level battling.

Yeah, it is. :/ I kind of expect it to be 4-6 million-- if I can actually find one. Unfortunately, I've been reading books to my other pet. My poor battle pet only has an intelligence of 100 or so. So I'm a long way from being able to use either of the Tunics. :/

If you have a dedicated friend, you can Brain of Mirgle your way up :P

Oh wow. XD I don't even know if I'm that dedicated, let alone any friend. XD That looks so tedious!