Does anyone else completely loath the process of stocking your shop?

It just feels so tedious anymore, throwing tons of random crap in there and then manually pricing it all.

Are there easy ways around this that aren't against the rules? Just any tips in general. I can't afford premium at the moment and right now, if an item is worth pricing, i'll only refresh about 5 times - which also leads to slower sales as I know that isn't accurate enough.

What's your process?

Oh my goodness, YES! It's so slow!

But there's really nothing you can do about it. :/ I just do what you do. Refresh five times, take the lowest score I get, and price the item slightly lower. My stuff usually sells pretty well. Maybe I'm just lucky, though.

I completely agree, it's awful. I keep putting off pricing anything in the hope that someday I'll be able to afford premium. I do the same thing you guys do, refresh a few times and price as well as I can.

I completely agree, it's awful. I keep putting off pricing anything in the hope that someday I'll be able to afford premium. I do the same thing you guys do, refresh a few times and price as well as I can.

Your pets are awesome!

My first account was an all gelert account, though it is long inactive. I had a strawberry, a shadow, and a cloud - spotted wasn't around back then (I don't think) otherwise that would have replaced the cloud in no time!

Your pets are awesome!

My first account was an all gelert account, though it is long inactive. I had a strawberry, a shadow, and a cloud - spotted wasn't around back then (I don't think) otherwise that would have replaced the cloud in no time!

Thanks! I actually have a cloud too, she's just on a side right now while I'm in avatar lending pet chains :D My dream is to paint her maraquan someday. Your pets are super cool as well! I'm way jealous of your MSP, and faerie is by far my favorite lenny color. So cute.

More on topic, to keep myself motivated I try to only price a few items at a time then take a break. Otherwise I burn out really fast. That's the only advice I've got sadly.

Thanks! I actually have a cloud too, she's just on a side right now while I'm in avatar lending pet chains :D My dream is to paint her maraquan someday. Your pets are super cool as well! I'm way jealous of your MSP, and faerie is by far my favorite lenny color. So cute.

More on topic, to keep myself motivated I try to only price a few items at a time then take a break. Otherwise I burn out really fast. That's the only advice I've got sadly.

My ideal is maraquan jub, maraquan shoyru, mara blumaroo in place of my faerie lenny, and then my msp. i also want a disco aisha but i can't have it all. Mara blumaroo beat out mara gelert by just a hair. Such amazing pets with that color.

TOPIC: I tend to just go until the shop wiz runs out then refuse to touch my shop for a week LOL. But yeah, a few at a time is something I'll have to try. Just wish I could clean out this mess of an SDB faster ... and I'm even keeping half of it. >.<!

I rarely get any items worth selling, so I don't deal with this problem too much :D

The one day I tried out restocking though (Half Price Day), restocking was such a pain so I do see where you're coming from. So many items to price, so tedious of a procedure to price them all :( I usually just use an item database (Neo[Removed]) to price my items. I used to use Sunnyneo's but their's is inaccurate for most items.

When I`ve been restocking lately; I`ve been trying to keep quite a big shop - and what I tend to do is I want to keep it fully stocked, so I price things about 200nps higher than the lowest shop wizard price. Yet everything still gets sold. If you keep a big enough shop you don`t notice yet somehow there is still a large profit in my till each time I check.

I don`t know, but maybe just stock it exactly the price you find, nevermind the lowest. It will all eventually be sold.

Bahh, it drives me crazy. I try to do it at least once a day, so it's always as full as possible, which doesnt make the process too bad as I never have that many slots to fill, unlike if I were to wait until it was empty and then stock the whole thing at once. Still a very tedious process though!

When I`ve been restocking lately; I`ve been trying to keep quite a big shop - and what I tend to do is I want to keep it fully stocked, so I price things about 200nps higher than the lowest shop wizard price. Yet everything still gets sold. If you keep a big enough shop you don`t notice yet somehow there is still a large profit in my till each time I check.

I don`t know, but maybe just stock it exactly the price you find, nevermind the lowest. It will all eventually be sold.

Great tip. I've noticed the more items I have the more likely I am to sell similar ones, and I've noticed people with heavily stocked shops probably have a system similar because things will get bought eventually. Sort of like the number one through ten shops ... People go there during quests and whatnot. It's gonna get sold.

Yes! I hate it! But what I do like what I did with my 30 usuki items is that I only look up like half of them and put them at the lowest price and I price the others randomly so people just notice one item and then the buy the rest.

This made me chuckle very much. But it's also a good strategy. Just hope you didn't undersell anything.

I despise stocking my shop. I never find anything worthwhile and all attempts at restocking fail miserably. :(

I feel your pain. I've been trying to restock the chocolate factory for the avatar for a month now, at slow hours ... never catch it or never see it in the first place.

Wow, I never knew so many other people found the process so tedious. :laughingsmiley: Since I've gotten into the habit of throwing everything into my SDB, I don't stock as frequently as I used to. Every once in a while I'll toss some items in my shop and I get tired of pricing them after about the 10th one, haha.

It's such a crap process. I wish they'd make it easier. Most people who play know how to get the lowest price, it's not some huge secret. They could totally handle revamping the system. I know it's a big benefit to get the SSW through premium but honestly that should have been how it was done from the start. IMHO

I HATE pricing items for my shop so much, I haven't even bothered to stock mine since I started the new main. And you know what else I can't stand? Not being able to buy several items at once in a shop - it's so tedious to reload the page for every single transaction, especially when you're searching for specific things like, say codestones, books, or even buying for the rubbish avatar. Ugh.

when mass restocking, i do find it a bit tedious, but I like it, it means I got a good haul today and i'll see lots of hits and profit the next day. If you want to earn np, gotta expend the effort into stocking your shop and pricing everything. Anyways, glad you guys aren't into rsing. Less competition for me!

If I'm restocking there is more interest since I'm seeing what's profitable and what's not (cuz that's the thing with restocking-it's not an exact science, you just go for it, and most of the time your losses and gains turn more to lots and lots of gains). But it is a super obnoxious process. I just try not to burn out on it. First, I distract myself by watching TV or something at the same time and then try to take breaks :)

Geeze, sounds like I'm talking about something traumatic... but really, it can almost give you PTSD, it's so boring.

Ever since I got premium I love restocking :laughingsmiley: no, but honestly, I've never minded very much. I just get so excited to make some extra neopoints that I don't mind the work that goes into it. My shop is only size 18, though, so I guess if I was doing 300 or so items at once I wouldn't like it quite as much.