Liniers (comic straps from Argentina!)

cherryv

I felt like sharing this with you. Liniers is a great comic artist from my country, he has an inocent, thinking humour, wich is something I find very atractive in comic straps (in the other hand, I also like dark humour, so I think I'm flexible on that).

I will translate it for all the non-spanish speakers under every image so you don't get lost :3

I hope you like it! If you do, maybe I'll upload some more :)

305735_2423408309243_542278669_n.jpg

Frame 1: -Do you have any cabbala?

Frame 2: -Yes. Being as rational as I can.

206127_2291873580957_2521502_n.jpg

Frame 1: -Do you have something to give me?

-I'm sorry, I don't have money.

180090_1868803924480_5354553_n.jpg

Last frame: -Lucky bird.

181007_1852550558156_6669480_n.jpg

Frame 1: Luke Skywalker's other adventures.

-Luke, I am your father in law.

Frame 2: -Luke, I am your brother in law.

Frame 3: -Luke, I am your cousin.

Frame 4: -Luke, I am your father.

Ha! Just kidding, I'm your accountant.

167211_1804816844843_2123089_n.jpg

Elegant... I said ELEGANT!

61352_1611290366802_2046084_n.jpg

Frame 3: -Stop!

Frame 4: -I wouldn't like to curtail your freedom of expression, but if you continue singing I'd have to curtail your head. And I'm from Greenpeace, you know?

22150_1368628420405_2839196_n.jpg

The toughest enemy is in your head.

liniers.666.jpg

First strap: frame 4: I was just passing by, what a coincidence.

Second strap: A hapinness invasion atacks angry city.

liniers.jpg

Frame 1: Sometimes you are alone.

Frame 3: Sometimes you don't.

liniers-felini-comics-strip-550.jpg

Frame 5: I don't know why you are always looking only at one side.

There's a lot of things.

1241801084535_f.jpg

Strap 1: -Hey Lorenzo, there's something you want to tell me?

-No. Why?

Strap 2: Frame 2: -Why are you wearing a blanket?

Strap 3: frame 1: I forgot to write my letter to Santa!

Frame 2: -If I send it today, it will still arrive?

-I don't think so...

Frame 3: -I'm going to capture my discomfort with a expresionist abstract drawing.

-I feel your pain.

I love them, specially the one of the "elegante-elefante".

I love Quino and Mafalda but I have never heard of Liniers, a great discover for me.

I love Quino and Mafalda but I have never heard of Liniers, a great discover for me.

Mafalda <3 an argentinian icon I guess.

Well, there's a lot of great comic artists in Argentina that are hardly known even in their own country, so they make books and sell them at a very, very low price. A lot of artists that are very talented but can't work of what they do best because they are not known, kind of sad I guess.

Liniers is very famous here but I don't think his books have been translated or even sold in another spanish speaking countries like yours (you are from Spain, right? :) )

Another one I like a lot is "El granjero de Jesú" http://granjerodejesu.blogspot.com.ar/ but there's no way I'm gonna translate them here, because I'm too lazy. But I see you speak spanish so you can take a look if you want ^^ I discovered him because I saw one of his comic books in a sale and I bought it for 2 argentinian pesos (that's around US$0,40! I think even before the offer it costed 15 argentinian pesos (US$3), and that's what I'm talking about when I say they have to sell their books at very low prices)

I felt like sharing this with you. Liniers is a great comic artist from my country

Hey!! It's great to see fellow south americans (?) here in TDN, I'm from Chile and feel very alone sometimes :sad02: ... nah, just kidding.

I didn't know about this comic, but I hold great respect for argentinian comic artists, as I grew up reading Quino's Mafalda, it's just so good, you know, I learned so much about history with them <3

Hey!! It's great to see fellow south americans (?) here in TDN, I'm from Chile and feel very alone sometimes :sad02: ... nah, just kidding.

I didn't know about this comic, but I hold great respect for argentinian comic artists, as I grew up reading Quino's Mafalda, it's just so good, you know, I learned so much about history with them <3

hey! I would love to visit Chile, a lot of my friends went there a couple of years ago and their stories about the trip were just amazing. I went to see a chilean band on friday. Is called Dënver, do you know it? :3

I might be an Indian person, born in the US, but I think these comics are hilarious. I love the "other adventures of Luke skywalker" one

You don't have to be of any specific etnic or nationality to enjoy good comics! :D

hey! I would love to visit Chile, a lot of my friends went there a couple of years ago and their stories about the trip were just amazing. I went to see a chilean band on friday. Is called Dënver, do you know it? :3

Hahaha! yeah, we love argetinians here, they're great for our turism :laughingsmiley:

I haven't heard of that band to be honest, the chilean scene it's not very kind to somewhat underground bands so it's kinda hard to become known.u.u But I'll look it up ;)

I went to Argentina once, but it was for my Gira de estudios (does it have a translation?) but we only got to see Bariloche, and I've been told it doesn't really represent the rest of the country, what do you think?

(Although the chocolate was GREAT :yum: )

Hahaha! yeah, we love argetinians here, they're great for our turism :laughingsmiley:

I haven't heard of that band to be honest, the chilean scene it's not very kind to somewhat underground bands so it's kinda hard to become known.u.u But I'll look it up ;)

I went to Argentina once, but it was for my Gira de estudios (does it have a translation?) but we only got to see Bariloche, and I've been told it doesn't really represent the rest of the country, what do you think?

(Although the chocolate was GREAT :yum: )

Another chilean band I like is Teleradio Donoso. My chilean friends that live here don't know those bands either. Maybe I'm a hipster and I don't even know (?)

I don't know if it has a translation, here we call it Viaje de egresados, and everyone goes to Bariloche too. Except from barilochean people, that come to the coast cities, and well, my friends, that went to Chile when they finished school, hahaha.

Bariloche represent the rest of the country as much as any other city I guess, Argentina has soooooooooooo many diferent landscapes, cultures, climates and ways of living that I don't think that even Buenos Aires represent the whole country at all! I never went to Bariloche, I heard a lot of high-society people live there, and the city is expensive too. Is not first in my to-visit list, at all. I would like to know Mendoza and Ushuaia :) (I've already been in Jujuy and other north provinces, also in the Iguazu falls, Córdoba, some little towns of the province of Buenos Aires, and well, I've lived in Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata, so I think I know a lot of my country for being so young, I consider myself very lucky!)

Yay! Teleradio Donoso is cool, and not really underground,I like it a lot.

Bariloche represent the rest of the country as much as any other city I guess, Argentina has soooooooooooo many diferent landscapes, cultures, climates and ways of living that I don't think that even Buenos Aires represent the whole country at all!l

I guess you're right, Argentina and Chile are very long, so we get to have many climates and, because of that, different native cultures and customs.

I really like traveling across my country, and maybe because it's so narrow ad long, i'ts kinda easier to keep record of wereyou have and haven't gone to.

I have a cousin who goes to college in Córdoba, and I absolutely love it when she comes over cause she brings me tons of books (beacuse of taxes, books in Chile are way too expensive, they typically are +40 dollars at least :sad01_anim: )

I have a cousin who goes to college in Córdoba, and I absolutely love it when she comes over cause she brings me tons of books (beacuse of taxes, books in Chile are way too expensive, they typically are +40 dollars at least :sad01_anim: )

Well, recently the government closed most of importation routes to give an incentive to national production, and a lot of books -as well as many other things- don't arrive here anymore :/ I'm not against national production (or the government, at all), but it's a terrible way of trying to increase it. A lot of things (such as some cars, some books, some food, even MEDICATION) are not made in here and people need those things... It makes me a little sad thinking about it.

Well, recently the government closed most of importation routes to give an incentive to national production, and a lot of books -as well as many other things- don't arrive here anymore :/ I'm not against national production (or the government, at all), but it's a terrible way of trying to increase it. A lot of things (such as some cars, some books, some food, even MEDICATION) are not made in here and people need those things... It makes me a little sad thinking about it.

I didn't know that :C that's so bad.

To be honest, the national production in countries like ours (although they have differences) is not likely to be very succesfull if the state wants finished products, even Argentina (which is bigger than Chile) is way too small -economically speaking- to efficiently produce books/meds/technology/etc. Though I hope I'm wrong and it turns out well c: (about Cristina, I don't like her that much :/ )

My country tried politics like that during the 20th century and they didn't work at all (actually, the only reason we somehow managed to not go bankrupt was niter (salitre?) and when we lost that, our economy collapsed, though it wasn't the only reason.)

I didn't know that :C that's so bad.

To be honest, the national production in countries like ours (although they have differences) is not likely to be very succesfull if the state wants finished products, even Argentina (which is bigger than Chile) is way too small -economically speaking- to efficiently produce books/meds/technology/etc. Though I hope I'm wrong and it turns out well c: (about Cristina, I don't like her that much :/ )

My country tried politics like that during the 20th century and they didn't work at all (actually, the only reason we somehow managed to not go bankrupt was niter (salitre?) and when we lost that, our economy collapsed, though it wasn't the only reason.)

I agree. However, I think Argentina (I don't know about Chile, not because I don't believe in it as a country but because I really don't have enough info to form an opinion) can become a country with a good economy, and good national production as well. But the methods that are being used to help increase this are totally WRONG. Cristina... I'm not against her, nor with her. I think her government has done some good things, and that is much better that most of the goverments that were before. But I still would prefer other person as president :C