London 2012 Olympics

Angeló

The Summer Olympics in London start tomorrow , and I can't be more excited !!

There's always drama and stories of the power of the human spirit and well in the Olympics

Are you a fan of the Olympics ? which sports event will you be following most ?

Fellow TDN'ers who live in England , are you going to watch any events live ?

Let's discuss everything about the Olympics here :)

I'm not much of a fan of the Olympics- I don't follow any sports, and I'm not terribly interested in athletics. Most of my news about the Olympics comes from various feminist/social justice blogs, so all I hear about is the sexism and discrimination in the games. XD

At least I'm less of a downer about the 2012 games than I was about the 2010! I live in Vancouver, and I was so angry that so much money was being spent on the games when we have so many other things that the money should have been going to.

Best of luck to all the athletes though- as bored as I am by sports, they have worked so hard to get there, so kudos to them. :)

I live in the UK but thankfully am back in Bulgaria during the Olympics :D I saw the torch up front and personal, though, I was in bed and it moved directly outside my window :D I am not one for sports, not watching them at least. I am looking forward to the stories about the strength of the human spirit, though, these are always empowering. And being in Bulgaria, I will be able to keep up with the Bulgarian results whether I like it or not, there's just no escaping the huuuge TV screens and non-stop loudspeaker commentators that are scattered all over my city... :D

Yes, I will totally be following the Olympics while I 'study' for my diploma haha. It's surprising how Michael Phelps turned this year into false hopes and empty promises [jk haha xD]. I like watching synchronized diving and stuff like that ;] gymnastics is also intensely cool x]]

Does anyone watch the Olympics on CTV? The commentator woman said "Phelps swimming for Canada" during the relay ... tsktsk ;9

And oh my goodness Ruta Meilutyte was amazing!! She's 15 years old running for gold medals ... I'm way beyond that age and running a blog [don't know if you've all heard/seen that joke before]