GRROOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

morgennaraene

I hate ticks I hate ticks I hate ticks!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I go for a walk in one of our city parks last night with my cousin and her dog.. I'm home about an hour, on the computer, talking with my Gram and happen to look down at my hand and see what at first I thought was a spider, only it didn't squish when I smacked it.. When I realized what it was, I LOST it!! NASTY, UGLY, CREEPY, ICKY, GROSS!!! Fortunately, a few seconds after I hit it, it started walking down my hand, so I flicked it off, grabbed it with some tweezers and put it in an empty water bottle.. So far it doesn't look like I got bit *crosses fingers*, but I have to save the stupid thing until Monday and then call the county Health Unit and take it in to them.. My skin is STILL crawling!! I... HATE... BUGS....

Gross doesn't even begin to cover it! I hate ticks, more than any other bug o: I can't even pick them off of my dog when she gets them, and I get shivers if I happen across one when I pet her :c

Ticks are nasty. I had a horrible experience with one of them.

So I was little, and i was play ing outside with my friends for a few hours.

A little while after, my hair started to itch badly.

Around half of a tick came off.... on my finger.

I was really little then, i started screaming for my mom

She couldnt get them out with tweezers or anything, the tick was stuck fast

We actually had to go to the hospital to get it out

It. Was. Awful. My mom still tells me abt it sometimes

DDDDD:

Oh god, I`m so sorry that happened. I don`t know what I would do if I found one of those on me. D:

Reminds me of the time a friend had a tick attach itself to the inside of his nose.

I think I might have nightmares tonight. 0____0

Makes me glad a spent much of my childhood in Colorado. Not many ticks there.

I think I might have nightmares tonight. 0____0

Makes me glad a spent much of my childhood in Colorado. Not many ticks there.

haha, wanna hear something worse?

Once upon a time, a man with a weave or whatever you call it, went to the hairdressers to have his haircut. As he was getting his hair cut all of a sudden he leapt out of the seat in pain, and ran home screaming. Later that day they found him at home dead. Found out a tarantular was living in his weave and it bit him.

All together now *scatches head*

Reminds me of the time a friend had a tick attach itself to the inside of his nose.

^ Reminds me of the time on of my friends had her brother point out to her that she had a tick in her ear, bleh xc

haha, wanna hear something worse?

Once upon a time, a man with a weave or whatever you call it, went to the hairdressers to have his haircut. As he was getting his hair cut all of a sudden he leapt out of the seat in pain, and ran home screaming. Later that day they found him at home dead. Found out a tarantular was living in his weave and it bit him.

All together now *scatches head*

OH MY GOD. I'm going to have nightmares about that now. DDDDD:

Ew x_x reminds me of that one time a spider crawled on my hand as I was on my pc, I screamed and it literally jumped in fear like the cartoons xD

and then i spent 20 minutes on the couch crying because of the horrible event... *shiver*

Okay, I'm never going outside again. I live in a large city and we have a tiny yard with no trees but my dog still gets a tick occasionally (even with prescription flea/tick preventive) but I make someone else pick them off. Thankfully my mom grew up in the country and picking ticks off is no big deal for her. *shudders*

I grew up in a farming community with a river running through the middle of town.. When I was a kid I was either down by the river running in the bush or out in the fields and meadows, rolling around and playing and NEVER EVEN EVER SAW ONE!! In the 37 years I've been alive I never saw one until this past Friday; I was so freaked out by the whole thing I did not manage to sleep until around 3am LAST NIGHT.. They're really bad this year, all the bugs are, but that's partially due to the garbage strike they had going on last summer, made for plentiful breeding which means double trouble this year..

My loathing of bugs is without end; it's like I always say, anything with more than 4 legs and hair is just unnatural..... I'm also very allergic to ANY kind of bug bites, have actually had to go on intravenous antibiotics a few times because of spider bites and have started going into anaphylactic shock due to some kind of bite before too (smacked it and squished it before identifying, reacted after), so now I carry an epi pen.. Yellow Jacket bees are my Kryptonite, I get bit by one of those, I'm in deep trouble; almost swallowed one once when it got into my pop can and I didn't know until it was almost too late, I'd a been dead before the paramedics could get to me, epi pen or not.. I get that we need bugs for pollination and feeding other animals, but why couldn't God make them 'defenceless' :P

I go deer hunting regularly every year and i get ticks all the time. We have a glass jar full of alcohol to kill them off. You guys and your freaking out... it's cute. :P

It's just a part of living in a bug-eat-people world, i guess. I think they're fun to pull off of people. Esp when said person is crying and begging likee a little girl to be free of it. Lol. I'm sorry about your nightmares. That turantula story make my skin itch. I don't do spiders.

• 2 weeks later...