Starting to Collect Stamps

super_almoner

Good luck! That is one seriously expensive collection.

If it were me, I would do one page at a time. Pick a page you really like, and do all of them, then move on. If you are also a stamp collector, you may want to start with one of those stamp sets, but be prepared to spend well over 100 million on each one of the avatar pages.

I do collect avatars, but my bank doesn't quite have enough for those pages yet. Do you think it would be wise to complete other pages first, in case they someday become avatars pages, too?

Perhaps! I don't know how likely that is to happen, but it would be a reaaaally smart investment, just in case! And since you do want to collect stamps just for the sake of it, I would go for it. :)

Haah, I figure that eventually avatars will be released for all the worlds, even if I have to wait a few years. I guess it makes sense to nab up retired stamps, too? Because they theoretically should only go up in price...

Haah, I figure that eventually avatars will be released for all the worlds, even if I have to wait a few years. I guess it makes sense to nab up retired stamps, too? Because they theoretically should only go up in price...

Theoretically! From the sound of it though, TNT is releasing some retired stamps through the auctions so people can finish off their collections. I know they've done Commander Garoo, but that one still sold for over 100 million alone, I think.

That's true, but again I don't have that much -- especially if I'm going to be buying more! So if I can get other retired ones before they reach unfathomably high prices... then I can save up and hopefully complete the rest (:

That's true, but again I don't have that much -- especially if I'm going to be buying more! So if I can get other retired ones before they reach unfathomably high prices... then I can save up and hopefully complete the rest (:

Well, best of luck with them! :D I hope that you can get good prices on them. :)

I have been trying to do what Rebecca has said and complete one page at a time. Unfortunately I started with Snow Valley! Whoops! Quite the expensive page and I've pretty much given up all hope on getting a Sticky Snowflake stamp! :( Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

I have been trying to do what Rebecca has said and complete one page at a time. Unfortunately I started with Snow Valley! Whoops! Quite the expensive page and I've pretty much given up all hope on getting a Sticky Snowflake stamp! :( Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Oh, ouch! Hahaha, very expensive page. Such a cute avatar though!

Oh no! I'm definitely not looking forward to attempting that page!! I think I'm going to start with the two Meridell ones and maybe Faerieland. Those seem like good contenders for avatars one day...

Good luck, it's expensive. I mean, wicked expensive. I bought the Battledome avatar set and it costed me over 130 million. Even non avatar pages have stamps 20 mil+. I've probably spent 150 mil on stamps. Cheapest page to fill up is the Shell album.

To be honest, as much as I love them, they've been nothing but trouble for me.

Hahaa, I totally get the love/hate relationship with them! I'm willing to spend all my np on them, though. I only need one more to complete the shells... and that will be my first completed page... quite the long way to go...

Wow, good luck with the stamp collecting. I realized long ago that it would be a collection that is more expensive than I would be willing to deal with, so I don't collect stamps. If I see a rare one I'd much rather sell it to fuel my other obsession (plushies!). I agree with the suggestion of doing one page at a time. When the last stamps you need on that page are too expensive you could move on to another page until you get the moolah for the expensive ones.

Thanks! It does make a lot of sense to go a page at a time, but if I leave the most expensive ones for last and then go do an entirely new page, won't I never be able to build up my bank account to get the top ones? :P

I was thinking more along the lines of getting all the achievable stamps from each page first, then when you're done and have nothing but the expensive ones from each page left, you could start saving up and knocking 'em off one-by-one. ;)