So bummed right now :`(

morgennaraene

So, yeah, I got denied Kinship of my nephew.. BUT.. I get that it's not often that they get 3 full blood related children all together like that, and they said that they do know of some families right now that are looking to or willing to adopt 3 kids together.. Coming from such a fractured upbringing myself, I know, all too well, the hurt that comes with knowing you have siblings and not being able to see them or know them. In the best interest and well being of the boys, I'm glad that they are trying as hard as they are to keep them together. Also, they did have some concerns with me as well, but not so much that they would exclude me from the equation altogether or NEVER consider me at all.. IF they can't find a home for all 3, there's still a chance that I can fight for custody, which I assured her I would :) I'm not giving up, just giving in for now.

I'm devasted of course, and I've been crying all morning, but at the same time planning my next move :D At the very least I may be able to get them to do an "open" adoption, where I would still be able to get updates and pictures of the boys, and MAYBE even be able to convince them to let me be a part of their lives, just not identify myself to them.. *sigh* I think it hurt more to have to tell my Mother, she cried.. Oh well, I'm not done yet; I bend, I don't break :D

Oh no! :(

Hopefully they'll find someone who does want all three though, and is okay with you being an active part of their life- and will let you tell them you're their aunt!

I have hugs if you want them~

Stuff like that makes my heart hurt :( I truly hope that you and the boys will win in the end. I don't understand how they could not let you take care of them. Not that I know you that well or anything, but it's baffling that they would prefer an unrelated foster home over a blood relative.

Stuff like that makes my heart hurt :( I truly hope that you and the boys will win in the end. I don't understand how they could not let you take care of them. Not that I know you that well or anything, but it's baffling that they would prefer an unrelated foster home over a blood relative.

It's just in the hope that they can keep the three children together, whereas the OP could only take one. So it's understandable, but still heartbreaking.

Yeah, I'm sad, but again, I just want what's going to be best for the boys, and she did seem fairly confident that they would be willing to do the open adoption thing.. So, if all 3 can be kept together, at least they will always have each other and that's better than most! Like I said, I'm just taking a back seat for now, I'll be keeping tabs on what's happening with them and if they can't find placement for all 3 in the same family, I'll be re-applying and this time with a lawyer..

Yeah, I'm sad, but again, I just want what's going to be best for the boys, and she did seem fairly confident that they would be willing to do the open adoption thing.. So, if all 3 can be kept together, at least they will always have each other and that's better than most! Like I said, I'm just taking a back seat for now, I'll be keeping tabs on what's happening with them and if they can't find placement for all 3 in the same family, I'll be re-applying and this time with a lawyer..

That sounds like a great plan. :) I really hope that everything works out well, for everyone. :D