Neopets password recovery not working?

Ewald

Hi everyone: while I'm away from home for a few days, I wanted to check on my account. Now, I could've just written my password down, but instead I relied on the password recovery function, which, in the past, worked just fine.

However: I'm not getting my password. I tried two different browsers on a regular Windows XP machine, and two different browsers on my Android phone, over a period of about five hours. None of the approximately 6 or 7 requests have resulted in my password by mail. I do not have a separate spamfolder in which it might be lost and previously I would get them instantly or within 15 minutes.

Can anyone confirm whether it is working for them? Coincidentally, TDN password email did arrive within 20 seconds and worked just fine :)

Thanks for your help!

Edit: just to note, using my phone I was on my mobile data line, so a separate IP address and a different provider.

Edited by Ewald

I don't think it should matter what computer you're on or anything like that. I've gotten it for my account from multiple different locations in the past. The only thing I could think of is are you sure you're checking the right email account? Otherwise maybe it is down at the moment.

I don't think it should matter what computer you're on or anything like that. I've gotten it for my account from multiple different locations in the past.

My main reason for trying different machines and different browsers is that I am aware of websites functioning differently (or not) based on those variables... just trying to figure out where it's going wrong. :)

The only thing I could think of is are you sure you're checking the right email account?

Yeah, 100% sure, have used this account for Neopets for many years (if not from the start). Since my pets and neodeck cards appear to be safely on my account, I'm not that worried (yet)

Otherwise maybe it is down at the moment.

That would be annoying, but I suppose it is the most likely culprit to me atm... Anyone who has tried recovery recently/now and has or has not gotten their password by email?

Hmm, I just tried the password recovery thing, and I got mine instantly. :/

Hopefully it'll work now for you as well!

Hmm, I just tried the password recovery thing, and I got mine instantly. :/

Aww crap... I tried it again using the regular password recovery and the one that request username and password, but so far, about 20 minutes later, nothing :(

Don't know if the problem is on the side of my hosting provider, all other email is arriving just fine...

Thanks so much for testing it for me though! :laughingsmiley:

If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try, please do let me know.

Aww crap... I tried it again using the regular password recovery and the one that request username and password, but so far, about 20 minutes later, nothing :(

Don't know if the problem is on the side of my hosting provider, all other email is arriving just fine...

Thanks so much for testing it for me though! :laughingsmiley:

If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try, please do let me know.

:( I'm sorry it's still not working!

Hmm. I will try sending a password request from my computer for you. Perhaps because you're sending it from your phone it's having some issues?

:( I'm sorry it's still not working!

Hmm. I will try sending a password request from my computer for you. Perhaps because you're sending it from your phone it's having some issues?

Aww... thanks so much! I'm afraid it must be something with either my Neopets account or with my mail hosting provider in that case, as I have still not received any mail, even though I tried phone, desktop and someone living multiple timezones away :(

It was working just fine about two weeks ago, but unfortunately mail that old has been moved to my pc at home and therefore not present on my webmail anymore. :/

Aww... thanks so much! I'm afraid it must be something with either my Neopets account or with my mail hosting provider in that case, as I have still not received any mail, even though I tried phone, desktop and someone living multiple timezones away :(

It was working just fine about two weeks ago, but unfortunately mail that old has been moved to my pc at home and therefore not present on my webmail anymore. :/

Oh no! :(

Well, perhaps you should send in a ticket to TNT about this- if it is your Neopets account, it'll be good to make them aware of it. If it's your email... well, I guess you'll be back on Neopets in a couple of days. :(

I've had some problems with it in the past, but the last times I tried (it's been a while though -- months perhaps) I was able to get my passwords quickly. But yeah, I've heard of it messing up before. I'd definitely send in a ticket just to see if they can help you out. If not then... I really don't know what to tell you. Good luck though! I'd hate to be in your shoes. =c

Thanks for your support! I have indeed submitted a ticket, and while I did get a response already, it was merely a form letter asking me to supply information on my account.

Since I'm on the road I wasn't able to supply them with a lot of specifics, but I hope it is still specific and obscure enough information, at least sufficient to send/reset my password within the next three days.

...I suppose I either should have written my password down or stored it in my webmail myself... especially since I did open another FQ cookie two or three days ago :worried:

Thanks for your support! I have indeed submitted a ticket, and while I did get a response already, it was merely a form letter asking me to supply information on my account.

Since I'm on the road I wasn't able to supply them with a lot of specifics, but I hope it is still specific and obscure enough information, at least sufficient to send/reset my password within the next three days.

...I suppose I either should have written my password down or stored it in my webmail myself... especially since I did open another FQ cookie two or three days ago :worried:

Ahhh, that sucks. :(

-crosses fingers- I hope you get your password soon!

Yay! I got in again! Not with the help of TNT though, I found the following solution: keep requesting password and/or username on Neo, then at one point try MonkeyQuest password recovery instead, and receive it within seconds <_<

Never played it, but since account names across Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds are apparently linked, I did receive my password which was valid for Neo anyway. :woot:

Thanks for the help and sympathy everyone! I've been able to get my FQ for today, buy stocks and restart my auction... now off to get some sleep :sleeping_03anim:

Yay! I got in again! Not with the help of TNT though, I found the following solution: keep requesting password and/or username on Neo, then at one point try MonkeyQuest password recovery instead, and receive it within seconds <_<

Never played it, but since account names across Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds are apparently linked, I did receive my password which was valid for Neo anyway. :woot:

Thanks for the help and sympathy everyone! I've been able to get my FQ for today, buy stocks and restart my auction... now off to get some sleep :sleeping_03anim:

Fantastic news! Well, that's good to know in case anyone else is ever locked out. :D