I don't wanna be in the kitchen anymore!

Bubbleline

This post has absolutely nothing to do with a kitchen or cooking. It does, however, have everything to do with reason #54 why I don't like Texas.

I was born and raised in Chicago by a mother who hated the heat, so I guess that rubbed off on me. I kinda knew it was gonna be hot when we moved down to Texas, but I didn't think it would be "115 degrees Fahrenheit every summer" hot. And I definitely didn't expect our AC to break down 2 summers in a row while we were down here. Thankfully it isn't as butt-scorchingly hot as it was last year when it broke down, and it's only been out for a day instead of an entire weekend plus the majority of Monday like it was last time. Yet still, I am slowly melting. I took a shower about 4 hours ago, yet only 1 1/2 after I got out, I felt that uncomfortable sweaty icky feeling that made me wanna take another shower. (Though that would be bad because Texas has a ridiculous water preservation law thingy that I am totally not used to, growing up right next to Lake Michigan and all). Anywho, it feels like even typing is taking up too much energy for me right now. All I know is that the maintenance man better hurry up and fix it before we have a few murders on our hands. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Yikes. That sounds awful. I'm really sorry. :( I'm a total baby when it comes to the heat and prefer the winter. I live pretty close to Chicago as well so I can't imagine going from that to Texas. I hope it gets fixed for you soon!

Thanks. I have no clue how people survived down here before the invention of air conditioners.

Ick, being hot is never any fun. I don't deal well with the heat, either. I much prefer being cold or being in colder temperatures. Our AC broke once last summer, right in time for a major heatwave, and I did not think I was going to survive those days without it. It was so hot lol. I hope your AC gets fixed soon though! Although I don't live in Texas, I've definitely experienced Texas-like weather conditions and can feel a little bit of your pain. :P

When our AC broke last year it was in the middle of a heat wave and I got sooo hot that all I did was sleep, sit really still, and use a spray bottle to keep my cat and I cool with water. Eventually I got so uncomfortable that I went swimming with my friends for the next few days it was out.

I hate heat too,I do live in the US,but I am going to move to California(I said it about 5 times now),I hope it can get fixed in time!

Ugh! I feel for you. :( This is why I love my region of Canada so much. We may get rain nearly all year round, but we rarely hit 30 degrees in the summer.

Ugh! I feel for you. :( This is why I love my region of Canada so much. We may get rain nearly all year round, but we rarely hit 30 degrees in the summer.

Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? >.>

I hate heat too,I do live in the US,but I am going to move to California(I said it about 5 times now),I hope it can get fixed in time!

Hope you enjoy living in California. :)

thanks,I hope you can get your AC back!

Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? >.>

lololol Celsius. x3 So that's what, high 80s? low 90s?

Around 86 degrees. I suddenly feel very envious. Even in Chicago, there were times that it got to 97 degrees and such. I bet you save so much money in air conditioning. XD

Around 86 degrees. I suddenly feel very envious. Even in Chicago, there were times that it got to 97 degrees and such. I bet you save so much money in air conditioning. XD

Haha yes. Especially since I am currently in a basement- it's always nice and cool down here. :3

(And lol, yes, I am soooo going to rub this in everyone's face allllllll summer long. ;) )

On occasion, we get a heat wave, and end up over 40 degrees, but it's super rare. In the interior of my province, it happens more, but I'm in a rainforest, so I mainly just get, well, rain. :b

Where in Texas are you that they're actually enforcing the water preservation laws? It's not quite that bad yet, and Denton's certainly not on that list...

Where in Texas are you that they're actually enforcing the water preservation laws? It's not quite that bad yet, and Denton's certainly not on that list...

They're not enforcing it yet. I was just listing that as yet another thing that I wasn't used to down here.