Something changed with online NC buying?

izibizi

I was about to buy some NC online again which used to be very easy. I have a Paypal Acc. and I could just buy with that Account, even without having money on that.

But now it doesn't work anymore! I guess it wouldn't even work with having money on Paypal and I don't own a credit card. :thumbsdown:

Aww,thats bad!I don't know all glitches or computer problems,but I do have some glitches and problems...

I hope it'll change again cause otherwise I don't know how to get NC and I wanted to have the Giftbox Capsule... Two problems here; I live in Germany and can't buy those cards which also include giftboxes *sigh*

it worked for me the other day with Paypal? There is a new subset site that you now go to, and you have to log-in again using your neoname/password. its a slightly different layout to the old page which used to be within the NC mall.

some users have reported an issue logging into the new subset site if your password contains symbols, but i'm not sure if thats been fixed already.

(and yes, i agree xD the NC mall is known for being buggy on occasion, at least we know where all the purple bugs went!)

Ever consider ordering cards online? Typically amazon verified sellers are legit, typically you can request them to email you the code (which I would recommend because if you get a defective card in the mail, you'll have to go through a lot of trouble to return it)

No... but good idea, thanks!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts are at 7 words minimum.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm aware you may not have access to NC cards, but I find putting your card directly in, instead of through paypal works better?

If you are in the US, I had trouble finding some myself, but with CVS growing on the west coast, it became easy to find. Check your franchized pharmacys :)

it possibly something to do with your paypal account, if you have yours linked to a card, check it hasn't expired, also that all your account details in paypal are correct if you have it directly linked to a bank account.

is it just failing on the paypal page? or what exactly isn't working?

also try clearing out your cache and restarting your browser/swapping browser its a common issue with the NC mall when redeeming cards/processing payment with the old mall, and that used to fix most of those problems?

just be aware if you do it with a card directly and it fails, check to make sure you aren't charged on your card. sometimes it fails to process on the Neopets side and people can end up being charged multiple times without realising. I haven't heard of that issue with Paypal before, but i've heard it several times with direct card charges.

It's working again but it says that I can only pay with money directly on my paypal account. Guess they just changed that?

I'm aware you may not have access to NC cards, but I find putting your card directly in, instead of through paypal works better?

If you are in the US, I had trouble finding some myself, but with CVS growing on the west coast, it became easy to find. Check your franchized pharmacys :)

I don't quiet know what you mean but I live in Germany and there are no stores to buy those cards.

it is probably something related to your Paypal settings, and not actually Neopets.

Paypal may differ a bit from country to country but mine allows for payment a variety of ways

1. money already in Paypal account (transferred from an account or from another seller)

2. payment via a linked card

3. payment via a linked bank account

4. Payment via Paypal using a non-linked account/card (Paypal acts as the middleman, you don't have to have a account to use it)

in the event there is not money in the bank account account Paypal asks for a backup card source, if you don't have a backup card source Paypal might consider that risky for them, and ask for money to be transferred first?

I would check your Paypal settings/accounts (have you linked an account?) and contact them as to why, as its not a Neopets ended issue, but rather how Paypal processes your payment :)

Germany doesn't have cards, i know a friend gets a US based friend to buy them for her. Good luck and let us know how you go?