What's wrong with Plushie Tycoon?

skullera

I just started the game and I hired a drop-out and a graduate to work on two batches of 100 plushies. I wasn't expecting them to finish, or even make 50, but when I came back the next day, they had manufactured absolutely none!

What's wrong?

I don't know!Thats really weird...and not even fair!Maybe....too much stuffing???

I just started the game and I hired a drop-out and a graduate to work on two batches of 100 plushies. I wasn't expecting them to finish, or even make 50, but when I came back the next day, they had manufactured absolutely none!

What's wrong?

If you only hired ONE dropout, and ONE graduate, I doubt you'd really get anything done. Dropouts and graduates are pretty useless. You should hire 250 TRAINEES and 25 managers to start out (24 since you already have 1). You need at least 1 manager per 10 workers. You need to make sure you FIRE ALL WORKERS after one update. So if you hire them at 9:30am, fire them after the update at 10:01am. If you wait until after 11:01am, you'll get charged for 2 hours of work. Whenever you hire workers, you should only have them working for 1 update (1 hour)

You can also hire journeymen, or mix it up with trainees and journeymen. Personally, I've found that half journeymen/half trainees and 1 manager per 8 workers works best for me, but I haven't tested it much and I know that it's not the best you can get.

(Edit: if you only have 2 batches, you probably don't need that many workers actually.. but you should be able to make at least 6 batches of 3/4-cloth accessory plushies. If you're only making 2 batches, 100 trainees and 10 managers should be enough)

So my biggest concern would be that you didn't hire enough workers, and you hired the lowest class of workers that are terrible at getting work done. It's important to hire the right type, amount and the right ratio of workers:managers.

If that doesn't solve your issues, other things to consider:

Are you sure it was actually during the working day? Depending on the time zone you select, PT will run from 9am to 5pm, with updates happening every hour (first update at 10am)

http://www.neopets.com/~grundytycoon

Here's a good page for checking times and lots of other reference stuff.

http://www.neopets.com/~maplehood

Here's a good page for starting out!

http://www.neopets.com/~grundytycoon

Here's a good page for checking times and lots of other reference stuff.

http://www.neopets.com/~maplehood

Here's a good page for starting out!

Thank you very very much. The past 11 years I just ignored the game because I wasn't able to grasp what I was supposed to do and how. I appreciate the links :)

Thank you very very much. The past 11 years I just ignored the game because I wasn't able to grasp what I was supposed to do and how. I appreciate the links :)

no problem, let me know if you need anything else. If you're going for the avatar, it only takes a few days so it's best to start later in the month rather than play the whole month.

My thoughts exactly. I really want to try for the avatar but never knew what I was doing. Those links are awesome. Thanks linsta!

My thoughts exactly. I really want to try for the avatar but never knew what I was doing. Those links are awesome. Thanks linsta!

You should definitely try for it. You can start now and you'll still be able to get it for this month!

I always put off looking into PT because I used to assume you had to play all month, so I was waiting for the right month, and to start at the beginning of the month. If you're not going for a gold trophy, I think it's actually easier to start the last week or 2 in the month because you dont have to worry about the game all month long xD