AC: Ranking up tips?

I guess it comes down to dedication. And taking breaks. Oh and pacing yourself. It also has a lot to do with how much spare time you have. Oh and in my case how much you don't want to do homework. It is the ultimate procrastination activity.

Well if you play SOSD a lot like me set out certain times for yourself. I average five games a minute and that’s about 300 games per hour. I have to get to 1000 games tomorrow to get to Rank 13 so that means I have to play for almost four hours tomorrow. I usually do a straight hour of nonstop playing when I am available to do so, and then I take a break for a bit then do it again when I can. It seems like a lot of time but it really isn't especially when you are concentrating and trying to beat five games in a minute. I just do little challenges like that for myself to keep going and pass the time. I don’t have any tricks for the other games since I don’t really play them. Good luck though.

Set a daily goal for yourself that will get you to your desired rank by the end of the cup. For example, my daily goal is 55 YYB wins (or the equivalent) to get me to All-Star. Try to get ahead some days if you have the extra energy! As for not getting bored, if you can play SOSD quickly then I would suggest putting on a movie or something (or some anime, if you're like me, lol) in another window and playing while you watch. This isn't very difficult since SOSD is so mindless and repetitive. Same with MSN. Before you know it you'll have played 500 games in less than two hours.

Thank you guys so much. I am trying to get 600+ SOSD games a day so hopefully I will rank up faster that way.

I guess the competition here really is trying to fight your laziness over your dedication.

I try to end on an even number- for YYB, MSN, and SS, 10 games at a time, and for SOSD I do 100. If I go over by one, I have to keep going until I have an even number again. This ensures that when I start a game I do at least that many (and my scores look pretty, which is nice. :D)

I do YYB in sets of 5, MSN in sets of 25, and SoSD as much as I can possibly do before bedtime. :P

YYB is the "quickest" way to level up. I put quickest in quotes because one game equals one rank point (whereas you'd have to play multiples of any side game just to equal one of YYB). However, YYB takes three minutes each time and frustration can set in very easily. Slushie Slinger is worth the second most number of points (two games of that equals one of YYB I believe), but depending on how good you are at it, you could end up spending twice as long there as you do in YYB! MSN and SoSD are the quickest games, but you have to play a lot more of them to level up.

However, it seems the best way to maximize your time and effort is to put in the minimum of points on each side-game, end the game and submit the points. There's a minimum score you have to reach in each side-game in order for it to count (you can see these totals on TDN's page for their rank calculator). Once you hit the minimum score for a game, or a little above as I like to do, submit. Shortens the time spent on each game and still counts toward your total. SoSD you don't really have to worry about; it's possible to finish that in 7 seconds.

There are no such resets or easy ways out for YYB, but like I said, one game of that is the equivalent of multiple games of SS/MSN/SoSD.

I don't really play YYB much, really. And that's terrible.

And I try to do as much as SOSD as possible but gaaah. I am just too impatient.