Neopets Log-In issue?

enamuko

For some reason Neopets isn't letting me log in, even though I'm 100% sure the password I'm entering is right, and when I try to sent a 'forgot my password' email to my account it says it's sending but won't go through at all.

I remember there was a similiar issue with the site last year, but at that time everyone was affected, and I don't see a single post here saying that someone else is having the same issue, so I'm worried. :sad01_anim: Can someone please tell me if this is a site-wide issue again or if it's just me?

For some reason Neopets isn't letting me log in, even though I'm 100% sure the password I'm entering is right, and when I try to sent a 'forgot my password' email to my account it says it's sending but won't go through at all.

I remember there was a similiar issue with the site last year, but at that time everyone was affected, and I don't see a single post here saying that someone else is having the same issue, so I'm worried. :sad01_anim: Can someone please tell me if this is a site-wide issue again or if it's just me?

Probably just you. Did you check to see if your "caps lock" is on? Did you make sure that your password was spelt correctly because the passwords are CaSe SenSItiVE?

If you continue to have troubles, wait a little bit, and come back later. I hope it gets resolved, however.

Probably just you. Did you check to see if your "caps lock" is on? Did you make sure that your password was spelt correctly because the passwords are CaSe SenSItiVE?

If you continue to have troubles, wait a little bit, and come back later. I hope it gets resolved, however.

Yes, I've definitely checked all of those things. Double and triple checked. I've been trying since around 7pm last night.

I think I might've lost my account for good.

I'm sorry this is happening! D: As suggested, send in a ticket. I just took a look at your account (assuming the one you have listed here is the one you're talking about) and all your pets are still there, with your petpets, so if someone else is in your account, they haven't done the usual thing by pounding all the pets, etc. So that's some good news!

I got a response to my ticket today saying that I was likely scammed and my account has been seized and closed for the time being to take a look at it. I'm just glad I had sufficient information to prove I was the original owner (including a screen capture of the original activation email in my inbox)-- hopefully it'll get resolved. I made a new account in the meantime just to track the Altador Cup using the same email so hopefully that won't affect anything, but if it does I wouldn't mind turning one of them into a side account.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you were able to prove you were the actual user! I sucks that you were scammed though. :( Hopefully there wasn't much that was taken, and that you get it back soon!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this was a bit ago but I am just wondering what category you submitted your ticket under and if they sent the response to your email? I had the same thing occur to me a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a response and I see you got a quick one. It was so weird because I tried requesting the pasword multiple times and then asked for the usernames associated with my email and my username was no longer listed. So far it seems like nothing has been touched but I really would like to get my account back. 11 years is a lot of history to be lost. :sad02: