Never buy from a liquidation store.....

morgennaraene

Back in April when my power cord for my laptop finally went, I found a universal one at a FactoryDirect.ca store for $28.. After only having it for about 5 weeks, it started losing connectivity and I had to constantly wiggle it and move it around to get it to charge my computer. When I called the store they said it was a 10 day return policy, I was sorry-outta-luck.. Earlier this week the part that plugs into the port on my laptop snapped right off; I was seriously peeved, but silly me went BACK and bought the same one again, so totally my fault but.. After only having had the new one for TWO days, I started getting spotty connectivity again. o_0 My cousin found me a Toshiba cord that works, so I took the new one back to the store and after a little arguing, they agreed to give me store credit instead of exchange, cause I'm like "I'm NOT buying another one of these, the problem is NOT the port on my computer, this product is crap and this is the second one that's gone to poop on me in 2 months; if you won't give me my money back then at least let me get something I can USE!!!"

I got 3 nice tank tops, deodorant, 2 bottles of hair spray and a USB keyboard :P Heh heh... The keyboard works for the games (THANK GOD), but not great for typing; my 1,Q, A and Z buttons don't work.. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HA HA HA HA HA!!! Haven't tried doing any screen shots with it yet, so may test that out here.... *sigh* I feel like such a chump :P

Yay for a USB keyboard, haha. :D It must be nice to have arrow keys that work again. ;3

I tend not to buy the cheapest version of anything electronical- I always assume that it's going to be completely useless. :b

I believe there is a proverb that says 'I am not rich enough to buy cheap things' and my experience has found this to be very much true and applicable to all areas of life - from dental care (ask me how I now will pay close to £1000 due to having a filling done via the NHS in Bulgaria 7 years ago - now I need bone implant...) to food. I am glad the issue was resolved for you in the end, all is well that ends well, eh :)

I believe there is a proverb that says 'I am not rich enough to buy cheap things' and my experience has found this to be very much true and applicable to all areas of life - from dental care (ask me how I now will pay close to £1000 due to having a filling done via the NHS in Bulgaria 7 years ago - now I need bone implant...) to food. I am glad the issue was resolved for you in the end, all is well that ends well, eh :)

re: the dental work:

DDDDDDDD:!

Omg, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I have hugs if you want them.

Back in April when my power cord for my laptop finally went, I found a universal one at a FactoryDirect.ca store for $28.. After only having it for about 5 weeks, it started losing connectivity and I had to constantly wiggle it and move it around to get it to charge my computer. When I called the store they said it was a 10 day return policy, I was sorry-outta-luck.. Earlier this week the part that plugs into the port on my laptop snapped right off; I was seriously peeved, but silly me went BACK and bought the same one again, so totally my fault but.. After only having had the new one for TWO days, I started getting spotty connectivity again. o_0 My cousin found me a Toshiba cord that works, so I took the new one back to the store and after a little arguing, they agreed to give me store credit instead of exchange, cause I'm like "I'm NOT buying another one of these, the problem is NOT the port on my computer, this product is crap and this is the second one that's gone to poop on me in 2 months; if you won't give me my money back then at least let me get something I can USE!!!"

I got 3 nice tank tops, deodorant, 2 bottles of hair spray and a USB keyboard :P Heh heh... The keyboard works for the games (THANK GOD), but not great for typing; my 1,Q, A and Z buttons don't work.. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HA HA HA HA HA!!! Haven't tried doing any screen shots with it yet, so may test that out here.... *sigh* I feel like such a chump :P

Wow that's some good stuff for under thirty bucks. Lucky! xD I'm sure you're glad to have that USB Keyboard, Congrats on that! :)

I understand buying cheap electronics though, that they end up failing or not working at all. My mom got me an old laptop years ago that had been refurbished. I immediately told my mom and dad how bad of an idea it was, since it was refurbished by someone other than Dell (it's manufacturers). From the moment we got it, it was trouble. It's network connectors didn't work at all and then it had no way of wireless internet so someone had to do computer surgery on it just to get internet to work by a USB connector. Even with that it always seemed to have a moderate connection so as if it was bad enough the computer was slow, so was it's internet. It worked for about two years..and then one day it just ..died. I don't really know what happened to it but while I was online with it, it just suddenly cut off and started smoking. Turns out in an instant the harddrive was cooked and when it was taken apart for us to see- most of the insides looked like someone threw it into a fire. Thankfully, it wasn't on my lap when it did this! Later, my mom and dad got a used computer power cord off ebay for the current laptop we own. It worked only a month and then it would spark whenever someone tried to plug it into a receptacle. The seller refused to refund us our money because it had been longer than fourteen days :\ Luckily it wasn't too much money lost since it was only about nine dollars they were selling it for.

A thing to keep in mind is 'If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is' because that generally is how all things go if you buy something cheap.

re: the dental work:

DDDDDDDD:!

Omg, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I have hugs if you want them.

Oooh, thank you! But I am okay, more than okay, actually. It's been a long time since I have been worried about oral surgery - almost nothing in my mouth grew right and I have 12 fillings all done before I was 14. It's just another thing. I am exceptionally lucky to have the resources to now fix everything privately with the best materials and with the best doctors and surgeons :)

Oooh, thank you! But I am okay, more than okay, actually. It's been a long time since I have been worried about oral surgery - almost nothing in my mouth grew right and I have 12 fillings all done before I was 14. It's just another thing. I am exceptionally lucky to have the resources to now fix everything privately with the best materials and with the best doctors and surgeons :)

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that you've had to get so much work done. I've been exceptionally lucky in that department- the dentist thought I'd need braces and everything when I was younger, but my teeth fixed themselves. The most surgery I've had was to fix one tooth I chipped, and to have one wisdom tooth removed. -crosses fingers-

But yay for being able to afford good doctors now! That is excellent to hear. :D

I'm glad you finally have a good charger and USB keyboard!!!

As for me, I'm quite picky when it comes to electronics (mainly my computer). The only thing I have bought that is not made by Apple (I have a Macbook) is the plastic cover I have on my Mac. Needless to say, I have the wrong computer for a poor person, but I love it too much to get a PC.

Holy. Crap. o.o

Sorry to not continue the talk of liquidation stores and how cheap things can get (Because I know all about it! That's how I shop!)

But I am sorry that happened to you.... holy crap....