Asian Pop/Rock Support Thread

LizyMarie

I can't be the only one on this forum, who else?

I would love to see some more poeople out there who love asian rock and pop.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Take a look at these artists:

Miyavi

Gackt

2ne1

U-Kiss

SMILE

HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR

And many more. I am, like many around me, am a fan girl for such things. Have been since I was a child. So when I'm playing Neopets, I rock out to some good K-pop or J-rock and geek out. (It makes the AC grind quicker as well. ;) )

So! With that said, who's with me?

2ne1-7.jpg

(like how I have "support thread"? I feel asian music needs some love on these boards)

I actually was a fan of 2NE1 but I don't know. I guess it just...stopped?

Speaking of fangirls..I am secretly a Directioner. Gaaah. I just love them as a band, their personalities *-* And how the screws up their heads are a little bit loose. Lol.

Why secretly you say? I don't know I guess they just got lost on the genres I usually listen to. Foster The People, Mayday Parade, The Pretty Reckless, Lana del Rey...and such,

I think some of them are pop-ish, in some way but not pop-pop teen pop. What am I saying lol.

That was kind of a bit off topic but yeah, I liked 2NE1. Bom is the prettiest, I second CL. :rolleyes_anim:

I always sing It Hurts on the bathroom. js.

I don't really like japanese music at all :< I just don't like how the language sounds phonetically and such I suppose.

Buuut k-pop is pretty cool. I don't really have a favourite group but I like quite a few such as... (in no particular order)

RaNia, Nine Muses, 2NE1, f(x), B1A4, Clover, 4Minute, SHINee, BIGBANG, Brown Eyed Girls, Super Junior, EXO, T-ara, Sunny Hill, Girls' Day, Block B, 5Dolls, MBLAQ, Epik High, Supreme Team, IU, Rainbow... some others I guess too!!

That was kind of a bit off topic but yeah, I liked 2NE1. Bom is the prettiest, I second CL. :rolleyes_anim:

I always sing It Hurts on the bathroom. js.

I personally LOVE Min-zy <3 Cute as heck! And I'm in love with "I am the best" the most, i think. Just great stuff!

RaNia, Nine Muses, 2NE1, f(x), B1A4, Clover, 4Minute, SHINee, BIGBANG, Brown Eyed Girls, Super Junior, EXO, T-ara, Sunny Hill, Girls' Day, Block B, 5Dolls, MBLAQ, Epik High, Supreme Team, IU, Rainbow... some others I guess too!!

BIGBANG is such a boy's group... I couldn't get into them as much as I'd like to. My boyfriend loves them. I LOVE 4Minute, great voices with a very sexy/chic style. It's great. And I know a few more of what you've listed, but since I'm not all knowing of asian pop, I don't know them. :)

Anyone a fan of Japanese Rock? I happen to be a big big BIG fan of Miyavi and Malice Mizer and Gackt and Dir En Gray <3

dir-macabre.jpg

ooooooooh, here i comeeeee :)

one of my friends is a HUGE fan of k-pop and the like, and i kinda copied that i guess ;)

k-pop bands: (i haven't been a fan since a month so i don't know many bands)

SNSD (girls generation)

super junior :)

miss A

ukiss (why don't they get the fame they should get, korea seems to hate them :( i simply LOVE 0330, obsession and neverland)

some of 2NE1

and i also really like these japanese songs:

'world is mine'-hatsune miku (i also like the valshe version)

'soundless voice'-valshe

'futatsu no kodou to akai tsumi'- on/off (the vampire knight theme song)

for fruits basket- ritsuko okazaki (the fruits basket theme song)

last cross-masami mitsuoka (reborn ending theme)

and more, but i'm spamming this thread XD

GIVE LOVE TO ASIAN MUSIC ♥♥♥

ooooooooh, here i comeeeee :)

one of my friends is a HUGE fan of k-pop and the like, and i kinda copied that i guess ;)

k-pop bands: (i haven't been a fan since a month so i don't know many bands)

SNSD (girls generation)

super junior :)

miss A

ukiss (why don't they get the fame they should get, korea seems to hate them :( i simply LOVE 0330, obsession and neverland)

some of 2NE1

and i also really like these japanese songs:

'world is mine'-hatsune miku (i also like the valshe version)

'soundless voice'-valshe

'futatsu no kodou to akai tsumi'- on/off (the vampire knight theme song)

for fruits basket- ritsuko okazaki (the fruits basket theme song)

last cross-masami mitsuoka (reborn ending theme)

and more, but i'm spamming this thread XD

GIVE LOVE TO ASIAN MUSIC ♥♥♥

I just recently got into U-Kiss, the song Neverland was the first I heard. A great beginning to a wonderful relationship!

As for japanese, oh I could go on forever. I have not heard the songs you posted, but rest assured I will be checking them out as soon as I get home from work!

And I have been meaning to take a good look at Girl's Generation a bit more, I only know a few songs.

Also, what do you think of asian pop versus American pop? Isn't it better in almost every way?! :3

I just recently got into U-Kiss, the song Neverland was the first I heard. A great beginning to a wonderful relationship!

As for japanese, oh I could go on forever. I have not heard the songs you posted, but rest assured I will be checking them out as soon as I get home from work!

And I have been meaning to take a good look at Girl's Generation a bit more, I only know a few songs.

Also, what do you think of asian pop versus American pop? Isn't it better in almost every way?! :3

I think American pop is to much alike, no original songs... anymore.....

Found a new song XD 'lovey dovey'- T-ara

and 'roley poly' - T-ara

they're funny, weird and funny (heeeeeeeeey, i said that twice XD)

I think American pop is to much alike, no original songs... anymore..... Found a new song XD 'lovey dovey'- T-ara and 'roley poly' - T-ara they're funny, weird and funny (heeeeeeeeey, i said that twice XD)

I looked up Lovey Dovey and I am in love ^_^ thank you! I needed something upbeat today. It's been raining all day!

I was recently into Exo, but my all time favorite K-Pop group is MBlaq (I know not that many are into them ><)

As for J-Pop, I love ARASHI :)

Arashi is a good choice. I've only heard one or two songs though.

I enjoyed The Pillows and Beat Crusaders. (I don't know if they are considered j-pop or j-rock...)

okay, officially in love with bigbang's 'haruharu' and 'lies', i LOVE those songs *bow to their greatness*

I used to listen to mainly the Rock genre, but over the years I've grown to be interested in all genres of music. K-Pop is no exception. ^_^

"Heartwarming story" aside, here's my top favorite K-Pop groups (In no particular order):

2NE1

Big Bang

SNSD

4 Minute

Brown Eyed Girls

Apparently I'm more biased to female groups, I just realized that, haha.

The only J-Rock band I truly am a fan of is The Gazette.

I used to listen to mainly the Rock genre, but over the years I've grown to be interested in all genres of music. K-Pop is no exception. ^_^

"Heartwarming story" aside, here's my top favorite K-Pop groups (In no particular order):

2NE1

Big Bang

SNSD

4 Minute

Brown Eyed Girls

Apparently I'm more biased to female groups, I just realized that, haha.

The only J-Rock band I truly am a fan of is The Gazette.

Speaking of Gazette, they are coming out with a new CD. (Or maybe that was just rumor from my friends)

Gazette is good people, I happen to love Malice Mizer more. :)

Speaking of Gazette, they are coming out with a new CD. (Or maybe that was just rumor from my friends)

Gazette is good people, I happen to love Malice Mizer more. :)

Ahh, Malice Mizer. I've listened to one of their songs a long time ago (can't remember which one, but it's good), maybe I should start listening to more of them.

Suggest me a few of your favorite songs by them, maybe? :)

I tried getting into Dir En Grey, but they were a bit too heavy for me.

Suggest me a few of your favorite songs by them, maybe? :)

An oldie but a goodie!

Malice Mizer - Illuminati

Also you really really REALLY HAVE TO SEE THIS! I love Gackt. Have for the past 11 years. This is one of his more recent works, you should love it. ;)

Gackt - Returner

haha :)

@neogirl: oooh, bigbang, which songs do you like the most? i personally like 'haruharu' and 'lies' the best :)

oh, on another side. Who watches anime/reads manga here? i reeeally wanna know that ;)

An oldie but a goodie!

Malice Mizer - Illuminati

Also you really really REALLY HAVE TO SEE THIS! I love Gackt. Have for the past 11 years. This is one of his more recent works, you should love it. ;)

Gackt - Returner

Hehe, that "Illuminati" MV is fun to watch. ;) I enjoy "Returner" but after listening to "Au Revoir" and "Garnet" as well, I think I prefer his older works with Malice Mizer. I'm beginning to become a fan of them already, wish they are still together though. Oh well, music is timeless!

@neogirl: oooh, bigbang, which songs do you like the most? i personally like 'haruharu' and 'lies' the best :)

oh, on another side. Who watches anime/reads manga here? i reeeally wanna know that ;)

Yay, another Big Bang fan! For me, I fell in love with them through "Fantastic Baby" and "Beautiful Hangover", I was practically obsessed with those two songs, lol! I've been a fan ever since, I like all of their songs but I'm mostly biased to their more upbeat ones. :)

Not a fan of anime or manga, sorry. :(

I LOVE MANGA! And anime is so amazing !! <3 I have been a fan of such since I was about 10 years old. And a few of my personal favorites are:

Anime:

Bleach

Oran Host Club

Samurai Champloo

Afro Samurai

Inuyasha

Full Metal Alchemist (both series)

COWBOY BEBOP! <3333333333

Manga:

Loveless

Bleach

Gravitation

(countless Yaoi stories)

D Gray Man

Fushigi Yugi

Vampire Knight

(Anything Shojo Beat ^_^)

I LOVE MANGA! And anime is so amazing !! <3 I have been a fan of such since I was about 10 years old. And a few of my personal favorites are:

Anime:

Bleach

Oran Host Club

Samurai Champloo

Afro Samurai

Inuyasha

Full Metal Alchemist (both series)

COWBOY BEBOP! <3333333333

@Bold - May I say that you're awesome for liking my favorite anime series? :D

Honestly, we should have an Anime Support Thread too.

On Topic: I like 2NE1. I started listening to them couple of months ago.

@Bold - May I say that you're awesome for liking my favorite anime series? :D

Honestly, we should have an Anime Support Thread too.

On Topic: I like 2NE1. I started listening to them couple of months ago.

(Pssst, make a thread if there isn't one already )

And 2NE1 makes me happy because the girls seem so full of life. And their voices are actually really cute. They have their own show on Mnet TV (some channel dedicated to asian pop/k-pop)

I mainly love Min-zy or however her name is spelt. She is absolutely adorable.

The first song I saw/heard of theirs is "I am the best" which really makes them look so dang good! Which is why I was hooked.

You, however, need to look up a song called "Volume Up" by "4Minute"

If you enjoy 2NE1, you'll LOVE that song. It's full of life and charismatic vampires. XD

yaaaaaay, manga and anime fans :)

i shall look if there's a topic, otherwise i'll make one ;)

yaaaaaay, manga and anime fans :)

i shall look if there's a topic, otherwise i'll make one ;)

a thank ya ;P

On other news: MNET!

http://global.mnet.com/index.m

Everything k-pop and asian pop (general).

Anyone watch it? :)

Ok...I saw that Gackt was mentioned and just had to comment. I absolutely adore that man. Oh, and his music is great too. :shiftyeyes_anim: I also like Namie Amuro, Hikaru Utada, Mucc and Hyde's new band Vamps. *ahem* That is all.

Ok...I saw that Gackt was mentioned and just had to comment. I absolutely adore that man. Oh, and his music is great too. :shiftyeyes_anim: I also like Namie Amuro, Hikaru Utada, Mucc and Hyde's new band Vamps. *ahem* That is all.

Utada <3

Hyde <3 <3 <3 <3

Gackt <3 x infinity

I love Gackt and have for the past 11 years. It's been glorious. (I should get a tattoo tribute ...)

His music is so unique it makes me wonder why noone else is even close to his talent. Not to mention the work he did with Malice Mizer. I find his androgyny to be so perfectly refreshing.

And that's the other thing, with asians their androgyny is unparalled anywhere in the world. It makes for such a display of beauty that I think their physical appearance is more than half the reason I was interested in the first place.

Gackt is quite a beautiful man. I have spent many hours over the past few years drooling over him XD Have you seen him cosplaying a nurse? It was amazing. I've always known that Gackt was a part of a previous group, and I listened to 1 or 2 of Malize Mizer's songs, but I just liked his solo music better.

And yes, there are many androgynous Japanese males. My last boyfriend made fun of me for liking them, haha. Don't get me wrong, I like strong jaws, beards and chiseled features sometimes, but there's something about a guy with more feminine features that make me swoon. :wub_anim: