Would it be against the rules to...

TheSlenderman

Well, see, I was thinking about transferring all of my neopoints to another account through the trading post by putting up a worthless item and just bidding everything on it.

Now, you see, I have about 820k, so if I were to do that, I think it would look awfully suspicious... could I get frozen for doing this? It doesn't seem like it should be against the rules...

Wat do?

If you're just switching mains I think this should be fine however you will need two trades/an auction because the total amount of neopoints(pure) that can be transferred in a trade is 800k :D

So like a baby pb and 210k would be easier :)

Like the others said, you can transfer money all you want to as long as you earned the money on your main account. I'd cite the editorial where I read it but I'm lazy. If you really want a citation for peace of mind I might be able to dig it up though.

That's a tricky question. As stated here, you can transfer money/items to your side account from your main account. I was unable to find anything about giving money back, only items. My personal opinion would be that it is fine since TNT has frequently stated that only things that could potentially earn money on sides are forbidden. So, for example, putting money you transfer to a side in a bank account and collecting the interest is against the rules, but just having money there, even in the bank, is within the rules. Honestly your best bet is to buy a few expensive, easy to sell items and transfer them over until you get the avatar, then give them back to your main account and sell them. I am 100% sure that method is within the rules.

Tl;dr - Giving the money is fine, getting it back to the main could be a problem. Since you don't intend to make any money from the transfer it seems fine, but ETS items would be safest.